PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 531659 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #180 on: 2016-03-27 12:00:10 »

That was actually a neat video. :)  I liked Sander's reaction to it. 

I believe the bird was a Goldfinch incase anyone wanted to know.  a Goldfinch is Washington State's official bird, even though this rally was in Oregon.  Washington is just to the north of Oregon.  Portland, where the rally was held, is right on the border with Washington. Only the Columbia River separates the two states. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #181 on: 2016-03-27 14:17:10 »

Maybe the bird though Sanders was a tree.

Twenty years ago I would have told that joke about Al Gore.  I don't know if Sanders is as wooden and stiff as Gore was, but I don't see the appeal of him. Hillary at least has Bill behind her, and the millennials have no doubt heard all the stories about him from their fortyish parents and older siblings. They have to be thinking they really missed out on some party back in the nineties and try to vote her in just to get that old party good-time rock 'n' roll nostalgia back.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #182 on: 2016-03-28 08:47:03 »

Twenty years ago I would have told that joke about Al Gore.  I don't know if Sanders is as wooden and stiff as Gore was, but I don't see the appeal of him. Hillary at least has Bill behind her, and the millennials have no doubt heard all the stories about him from their fortyish parents and older siblings. They have to be thinking they really missed out on some party back in the nineties and try to vote her in just to get that old party good-time rock 'n' roll nostalgia back.

Thats just it.  That is the problem!  Young people don't know!  The nineties was no party.  Though there was a nice patch of calm and a relatively good economy left over.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #183 on: 2016-03-29 13:45:01 »

Donald Trump's campaign manager has been arrested for battery of a reporter.  The video is below.  Look for the woman with long hair in the yellow/white shirt.  He squeezes through and shoves her, as well as many other reporters, aside.  The reporters name is Michelle Fields.

(You can ignore the guy talking, but you can see the video)

I don't see how this is simple battery.  I don't see how this makes someone get arrested. I've seen far worse, and this guy did nothing but squeeze through.  She moved back and didn't even seem to care.

Obviously this is a statement this lady wants to make, and to try and make the Trump campaign look bad.  I don't think it will work.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #184 on: 2016-03-29 16:21:32 »

Lol what.
So the campaign manager just pushes her aside and she claims battery? You fudging kidding me? I swear to god. I feel like if the reporter were a male nothing would have happened. But no since it's a woman you gotta make a big deal out of it! Oh my god, did you see how that horrible man SHOVED that defenseless woman aside? He's truly a monster and should be castrated!
I swear to god, I hate people sometimes >_> these types of people who blow shit out of proportion are poison. And those who claim "oh my god I'm so oppressed!" when a man squeezes past them. No you're not. Woman in middle eastern countries are oppressed. You are not oppressed. Stop using that word.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #185 on: 2016-03-30 10:03:06 »

Wow.  This lady just wants negative attention on the Trump campaign.  Talk about stupid.  The fact that the guy was arrested for that.... I'VE seen aggressive hobo's do more then that with nothing more then a shrug off by someone! 

Of course all the women . . . correction, all the liberal women in American, the ones on and who watch, "The View," and the young college-aged social justice warriors of the world will be up in arms about this NON-EVENT.  This guy did nothing to her.  Geez.  So stupid.   

What I tell other women like this lady is this, "So you want to have equal rights?  Start acting like you are someone who deserves equal rights."

You wanna be treated the same as a man yet you don't want to have to do this, or do that, or can't get pushed aside.... geez.  This struck a cord in me obviously... or maybe I am on my period...
« Last Edit: 2016-03-30 10:06:22 by Rainberry » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #186 on: 2016-03-30 10:09:47 »

System is rigged.  The establishment just wants the establishment people in... the establishment.  They don't want Trump's or Sander's of the world.  Linked above, if Sanders wins New York, the super delegates already agree to vote for Hillary.  So even if the people vote one way, the super delegates won't listen.  Hmmmm.  Is that democracy? 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #187 on: 2016-03-30 10:12:57 »

Donald Trump's campaign manager has been arrested for battery of a reporter.  The video is below.  Look for the woman with long hair in the yellow/white shirt.  He squeezes through and shoves her, as well as many other reporters, aside.  The reporters name is Michelle Fields.

I don't see how this is simple battery.  I don't see how this makes someone get arrested. I've seen far worse, and this guy did nothing but squeeze through.  She moved back and didn't even seem to care.

Obviously this is a statement this lady wants to make, and to try and make the Trump campaign look bad.  I don't think it will work.

To go with this, the Florida prosecutor who is going against, Lewandowski, is a Hillary supporter, and the reporter, Michelle Fields, is a Democrat.  Other source

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #188 on: 2016-03-30 10:16:31 »

LASTLY.... This is still politics related, even if it is a former President.  I found this tasteless and wanted to share it.  Where is the respect to those in office and those who have served?  I will share a snippet of the article and you can read it all in the link.  While you may not agree with George W. Bush necessarily, doesn't mean you have to be a jerk on social media about it.  Was posting it online supposed to be behind his back?  Clearly he will have seen this article by now and probably feel much differently about coming back to that restaurant. 

"Former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura were satisfied with their service at a restaurant last week — so much so the they took a photo with the waitress and left her a hearty $40 tip on the measly $21.47 bill.

But for some reason, their server, Leisa Smith, decided to pay them back by sharing the snap with a tasteless 9/11 caption directed at Bush on her Twitter page.

“Bush did 911 but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip #” Smith wrote in the now deleted tweet containing a photo of her, George W. and Laura at the restaurant, the location of which is unknown.

She was more tame on the Facebook post about the encounter, commenting “as a liberal I enjoyed the experience itself more than the political aspect.”

Source

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #189 on: 2016-03-30 10:20:11 »

What a turd of a waitress.  The Bush's clearly liked this girl a lot, then she pretty much was a jerk about it online.  Shame people are like that, politics aside. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #190 on: 2016-03-30 10:26:32 »

Wha... Just why?
That's just pathetic. Young people these days have no respect and it disgusts me.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #191 on: 2016-03-30 10:46:00 »

The last few things I've read here have disgusted me actually. 

Seriously waitress?  Show respect to a former President. 

And how does that count as simple battery?  Sure it might be rude to push someone aside, but doesn't secret service and security do that all the time?  Seems like he was being Trump security.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #192 on: 2016-03-30 10:49:14 »

Also, apparently the person who pushed her wasn't Trump's manager. It was some bodyguard. So he was, you know, just doing his job.

But not sure how definite that is.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #193 on: 2016-03-30 10:50:35 »

In the video too, when she got shoved away, it didn't look like she even cared.  She just kept following like a sheep... all those sheep following their food/story. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #194 on: 2016-03-30 10:51:42 »

I love the rage shown by Rainberry and Leapingriver. :) 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024