PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Hazbin Hotel / Helluva Boss Discussion Topic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hazbin Hotel / Helluva Boss Discussion Topic  (Read 14696 times)
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2021-05-01 22:10:47 »

I really despise so many characters in this show...
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2021-05-02 23:31:05 »

Same here... I really wish Vivziepop didn't make literally every single character she writes a complete asshole. It's even worse in Hazbin Hotel

Thank you both.  Every single character is absolutely horrible.  They are in no way good or decent.  It's a shame because the team seems to have a good grasp on story and some world building, but when everything and every character they make has to be some "Edgy," adult humoured, horrible characters, it's very off-putting.  I don't want swearing and sex jokes every two seconds.  They can't go a second without it.  I think they think that makes it funny or "Adult."  Well you can be funny and provide adult stories without doing that.

Every character is a jerk (I guess that is how Hell works) and she seems to have an obsession with the occult, hell, demons, and Satan.  I guess that all sort of makes sense considering that seems to be the majority of the content she makes...
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: 2021-05-02 23:42:27 »

Same here... I really wish Vivziepop didn't make literally every single character she writes a complete asshole. It's even worse in Hazbin Hotel

Thank you both.  Every single character is absolutely horrible.  They are in no way good or decent.  It's a shame because the team seems to have a good grasp on story and some world building, but when everything and every character they make has to be some "Edgy," adult humoured, horrible characters, it's very off-putting.  I don't want swearing and sex jokes every two seconds.  They can't go a second without it.  I think they think that makes it funny or "Adult."  Well you can be funny and provide adult stories without doing that.

Every character is a jerk (I guess that is how Hell works) and she seems to have an obsession with the occult, hell, demons, and Satan.  I guess that all sort of makes sense considering that seems to be the majority of the content she makes...
^b-
I can't agree more with you all.  These shows are pretty horrible.  Nothing good or positive.  Purely negative vibes and negativity comes from them.  You get out what you put in, and if you put in this kind of content in your life... your going to be a very unhappy and negative person. 

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2021-05-03 00:00:41 »

...she seems to have an obsession with the occult, hell, demons, and Satan.  I guess that all sort of makes sense considering that seems to be the majority of the content she makes...
At least she puts it into making a content instead of doing some occult things IRL ;D.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2021-05-03 01:09:50 »

Despite the creators saying it's for adults, it's actually for teens who just discovered adult humor and can't get enough of it. And they're eating it up, hence its popularity.
When sex jokes and bad words will be stopped to call an adult thing, this popularity can decline miserably ;D. It’s dirty humor, not adult one. Same with other things which was marked as adult ones — which made them a forbidden fruit.
And... Saying about adults it’s just a precaution. The disclaimers like that are primarily made to prevent a quick deletion from Youtube.
The show just needs to be handed off to industry professional writers. They'd probably be able to make something great of it, because the show has some potential, imo.
Well, we still don’t know what’s happening with Hotel. As that series is not will be shown until a first season will be completed, maybe it will get more help from professionals.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: 2021-05-03 21:23:28 »

Purely negative vibes and negativity comes from them.  You get out what you put in, and if you put in this kind of content in your life... your going to be a very unhappy and negative person.

Now I do think that the show has some great things going for it. The character designs (physical designs, not personality-wise) are amazing, and world building is pretty great.

There is a lot of good and a lot of bad with the show.  You can see it's lows very evidently when they happen.  They have a lot to be proud of creating what they did and still making episodes! Wow, that's crazy!  But if they can remove the nonstop horrible language and sex jokes, I believe the show would be a lot better.  They got world building and character development going, which is good, but too much weighing it all down.  The negative turns off a lot of viewers.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2021-08-22 05:55:40 »

It was almost four month gap! Finally, episode 6 is here.
Spoiler (hover to show)
We can clearly see that crazy family from Episode 1 can be more effective in demon fighting than a bunch of people with outdated Edo-era weapons. ;D Also, we can see a musical trip which includes a «The Phantom...» shout-out plus very «Dazed and Confused»-like tune later, and a heavy action scene — I hear some train with new Loona fanart incoming ;D.
I can say I don’t very like too well-timed rescue at the end (although I admit that Stolas’ entry is awesome. Can he watch through IMP members eyes which allowed him to appear in the right moment?), but I love how Moxie orders coffee, using his speech as a weapon on a Pinkie-grade level.

So... is this the best episode so far?
P.S. No forum-related content yet, but Moxie, Blitzo and Loona had used their nostrils here.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-22 06:28:43 by timmelon » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2021-10-31 14:01:10 »

OK, the season one finale is here, and it will be a two-parter.
I see in this part they have concentrated on characters’ feelings, so since there is no HB episodes without any action scenes, I’m expecting to see a big fight in Part Two ;D.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2022-01-11 00:05:05 »

The Season finale was really good and they have a lot set up for the new season.  I found the ending with the crying, the scene of Blitz's Mom, pretty touching and sad.  It all came down to embarassment.  Stollis even turned away from Blitz in the awesome musical scene.  Very good episode in my mind.  But they are going to narrow themselves in a box with whatever happens to Stollis, Bltiz, and Stollis' family. 

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2022-07-31 13:02:05 »

Season 2 Episode 1: The Circus
Mostly a story from the past, when the relationship between Stolas and Blitz(o) has started.
No action scenes and no Milly.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2023-08-04 00:54:57 »

*Shrugs*

I didn't watch it, but I keep hearing about some drama.  I know she's like super woke and a social justice warrior, but I don't really care or know much about the show's creator.  I've read off-hand a lot of negative things about how she treats people and is bias towards people to purposely push her values and motives.  Honestly I don't care because I don't consume her content. 

Anyways...

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2023-09-28 12:51:51 »

Hazbin Hotel official announcement trailer has been released.  Unexpected it is coming to Amazon Prime Video and Amazon has already ordered a second season.  It premiers sometime in 2024.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2024-01-20 00:37:14 »

So Hazbin Hotel just dropped some episodes on Amazon Prime video, their new official home.  The first few episodes have been released and one has been released for free on Youtube.  I have not watched it.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2024-01-20 17:21:33 »

They crammed a lot of character intros and told the Biblical beginnings of time incorrectly, but I think it was an okay beginning.  Music was good, but some of a lot of jokes didn't land.  But it was an okay first episode.  Singing was the highlight. Animation was good, but sure bounced around a lot. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2024-01-23 12:30:25 »

I watched the first episode.  It was alright, but the characters seemed kinda meh.  Lot's of pacing issues in my opinion. 
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Hazbin Hotel / Helluva Boss Discussion Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024