PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Favorite book series? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite book series?  (Read 4531 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-03-14 17:36:00 »

Could be more than one or from any genre or age group :) here are some of mine:

The magic school bus, and not just for the sneezes in the books or show ;) I still like these

Boxcar children-I haven't touched these in years but I loved these as a kid.

Warriors- this feline book series is surprisingly good and I still like the series. Lots of deep meaning in some of them...also one of the earliest books had one of the most adorable cold scenarios that lasted a surprising amount of a chapter. There are also multiple sneezes from both female and male sneezes ;)

Wings of fire- it is similar to warriors but more graphic in some places. Also they are dragons and humans play a much bigger role...somewhat. The main villains are terrifying in their own ways and the heroes each have their own point of view. Each book is from one dragon's view so no two books are alike. It makes for a really cool set up in the series that I love. My personal favorite is Moon...because she is the most like me and her growth over time is a blast to read. Also sunny is awesome in each book XD she has that name for a reason. They are newish but still great.

Harry Potter- the longest series by far that I like. Each book has a buttload of pages but I still loved the series. Sometimes I wished I was in that world or even that hog warts did exist somewhere in our muggle world xd
« Last Edit: 2016-03-14 17:37:55 by mysteryserpent » Logged
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-14 19:28:40 »

I don't really read much..... but I hate Moby Dick....

SNEE
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-15 01:12:19 »

If I may take a liberty here, would it be fair to say that your perceptions of reading have been colored by English literature classes at school?

Because it's a major bugbear of mine that school English classes make reading utterly unenjoyable.  I semi-seriously believe that they'd be better off dedicating the entire time to letting students browse TV Tropes, where many similar ideas would seep in about the craft of writing, but in an interesting and entertaining manner.  This topic makes me quite grumpy.

I don't know that I can pick a favorite series, but I have recently read:

- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality; and
- Worm.

And would heartily recommend both.

Neither is a series, per se, but they are both series-length.  I'd suggest, as always, reading a handful of chapters before deciding whether to continue.
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-15 10:54:21 »

I just started reading Dresden Files.  It's a pretty good series so far. 

Other than that the most recent series I was pretty on top of was Horus Heresy (yea yea, 40k fluff sue me).  I used to really like Song of Ice and Fire, but the last two books have been meh, and the show is now ahead of the books so it's sort of moot.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-15 11:53:09 »

Hmmm.  It isn't a book series, but I remember reading, 30,000 Leagues under the Sea.  I enjoyed that. 
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-15 13:23:06 »

Thanks for the replies guys :) I like hearing the different opinions and views
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-15 14:31:16 »

The Sherlock Holmes series. 
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-15 15:32:27 »

If it counts, I liked the Jurassic Park and Lost World novels. :3

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-03-15 16:17:35 »

Dude, MS, I love Warriors!!
Being a part of the Warriors fandom is how I actually came up with my screen name ;)

I really loved the books. But I only got as far as the first book in "The Fourth Apprentice" series.

Uh... Any others, let's see... I really liked the Percy Jackson series. Lots of really good fleshed out characters, and a great overarching story.

Oh! The May Bird series. Loved it. Really thick, all 3 books. But damn, the lore is great. The characters are believable, and the story can be heart wrenching at times.

And my most favorite series of all time, The Skinjacker Trilogy. An amazing series. The characters are phenomal, and the books age with the audience. The prose becoming more mature and developed as the story continues. The back stories of the kids are rough, and even if they are despicable people in the afterlife, you sympathize with them. There are reasons for why they do things. And the way the world is described to work, unf! It's such a good series. I really have nothing but praises to sing about the series.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Favorite book series? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024