PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Old show sneezes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old show sneezes  (Read 17105 times)
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-02-03 19:24:33 »

There's always the classic cartoon sneezes. Like Scooby Doo and the looney tunes and stuff.
But one the (short) cartoons that stuck out to me was one about this little blue car that was a really "pretty" car. She was pretty expensive and was bought by some young guy (who was probably going through a mid life crisis lol). She lasted him awhile before she broke down and he sold her. She was bought by other people in used car lots and was treated pretty poorly. There was a scene where she's out in the snow and she sneezes. I was always obsessed with that scene, never knew why, but that's the reason I liked watching that cartoon haha.
Susie the Little Blue Coupe!! I just recently discovered this one for myself a few years ago, but I think it's absolutely adorable.

Velma's from Scooby Doo always stuck out to me because it's the first time I really remember seeing sneezing on TV after coming to terms that I liked it. And I was really young when that happened.

If we're talking old as in classic... I've actually been thinking about Goofy's Cold War short a lot recently. I didn't discover this one until maybe 2012, but I'm endlessly amused by the setup.

And to piggyback on that, Disney's "How to Catch a Cold" video (this is the new one; there is an animated one with a similar premise from the 50s) always struck me as something incredible. I actually watched this one in school in my 3rd or 4th grade health class. I think the teacher just put it on to fill time, but it obviously always stuck with me.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-02-03 19:29:31 »

Oh my god! That's what it was called!! Oh my god, I need to go on youtube now and watch it XD

That just reminded me of this one episode of that reboot of Scooby Doo called "What's New Scooby Doo" where the Mystery Gang are at a ski resort, and Velma is dressed all super snug and she ends up being the only one to catch a cold. It was pretty amusing. The episode (oddly) never stuck out to me in terms of sneeziness (I have no idea why) but I thought it was cute.

Man, I remember all these videos you're sharing, and now I kinda wanna go back and watch them all. Good gosh, memories.

Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-02-03 19:33:22 »

It's funny you brought it up, because the friend I did the Dory comic for loves that short as well. x3 In fact, a few months ago, I did a couple of video edits on Tumblr from the cartoon with Susie's sneezing dubbed over with fakes done by Didi Conn (also known as the original Frenchy from the Grease movie).
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-02-03 19:36:21 »

Whoa. Cool.

There was also another car short, with some dick of a guy with a nice looking car. He puts her away in the garage but I guess doesn't close the door properly. And that night there's a pretty bad rainstorm and the doors are like blown open and the wind and cold gets inside. The next day the car is sick and isn't running well and the guy gets mad and sends her to the junkyard and gets a new car. The new car then goes on a rampage and the mans old car comes in and saves him and stuff.

I don't remember what the cartoon was called either. Wonder if I can find it on youtube somehow.

Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-02-03 19:38:41 »

Huh. That sounds like a really great premise, but I've never heard of it before.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-02-03 19:39:59 »

Dang. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Disney short, it was just some other random cartoon. Oh well. Maybe someone on SFF will remember lol

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-02-03 20:54:09 »

Hold up.  Shows from the 90s and 2000s are not old shows...

I'm pretty sure we are talking pre 60s. 

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-02-03 20:57:05 »

I remember I watched a bunch of the real old Mickey Mouse cartoons (I think like...30s or 40s) and like... uh, in an episode, I think it was the "Klondike Kid" or something, there's a part where he helps Minnie from the snow. It was adorable. 

SNEE
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-02-03 20:58:07 »

Oh yeah, I love how the classics were animated.  So smooth and details.  I especially love the old sneezes by Pluto. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-02-03 21:58:38 »

Shhh, Rain... Just let it happen.

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-02-03 23:32:19 »

0_0 I wasn't expecting this topic to get so much attention! :D That's awesome ^^

Fullmetal, I haven't seen that Mickey Mouse one you are talking about but it sounds really cute. :) Thanks for mentioning it ^^

LP, that car cartoon is pretty awesome :)

Rain, you make a good point, but for some people 90s is old XD........*I feel like an old man sometimes.* It's hard to believe one of my favorite shows is over 12 years old. Heck, even Avatar the last Airbender is now over 10 years old since it first started!

Probably a fourth of my life is already over...gotta make the best out of the days I got left! :D :D
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-02-04 00:03:56 »

Susie The Blue Coupe - Disney.  Around 5:00.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-02-04 00:26:20 »

Since you posted that vid, Darrin, I watched it.  Then I clicked on a related video and happened to find another sneeze in the next video.  It happens from a Goofy type character.  Happens around 5:40.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-02-04 01:55:43 »

What? Nooo. How?

I honestly don't remember what happened to it

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-02-04 07:01:35 »

Cure yee, Blurr! How dare you loose something so beautiful!

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Old show sneezes « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024