PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Viva Las Pegasus" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Viva Las Pegasus"  (Read 8251 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-09-12 20:51:51 »

I'm going in with no expectations again.  :)  I am usually pleasantly surprised, I like that. 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-09-17 18:54:02 »

So, has anyone watched it? I'm gonna do that right now. :)
« Last Edit: 2016-09-17 18:55:52 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-09-17 19:26:07 »

So I watched it. I liked it. Some things about it I didn't like as much, but overall, I liked the episode. :)

That's all I'm gonna say for now. ;)

Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-09-17 22:37:15 »

The name reminds me of a set of artwork with the MLP cast as showgirls I've seen sometimes. XD

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-09-17 22:49:50 »

I'm gonna watch it now.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-09-18 00:10:40 »

I'm going to go watch the episode right now.  It's sitting right here ready to go. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-09-18 00:37:30 »

Lots of new visuals and locations.

It was a good episode... but... SPOILERS....

I am always disappointed when shows just follow this trope that the rich guy is the bad guy.  In the beginning, I was really happy to see they were not doing that, only to be disappointed in the end.  So he was a bad guy... but he employed them, gave Flim and Flam a second chance, and these people were all successful.  I mean, yeah he still probably owns it all, but he lost his talent and will have to find new talent. 

Applejack and Fluttershy were pretty shady following Flim and Flam's plan.  What happened to them just saying "lets talk about our problems" instead of trying to do a shady move that is no better then what Gladmane would do?

It was a good episode, I enjoyed it.  7/10.  Gladmane wasn't a bad guy.  He was doing what he needed to do. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-09-18 00:51:14 »

Because, Rainy, doncha know? The rich are to blame for all the problems we have. Screw them. They're all evil, who only love their money. Forget that they probably create business that employ people and make jobs. Yeah, no, they're all just greedy assholes.

I do dislike that cliche the show and others use. It's really annoying. Is it really that hard to fathom a nice rich person? But then there's shows that just go overboard with it where it's unbelievable. Filthy Rich is pretty cool about being rich and still a decent guy. He's coo.

But yeah, I should watch this episode maybe.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-09-19 18:34:21 »

I liked it... but I too was upset that AGAIN the rich guy was the bad guy?  Why are we always teaching our next generation the rich guy is bad?  WHY is the rich person bad?  Especially if they had to work hard to get where they are, then they employed so many people?  WHY?  Why ALWAYS make them bad?  What about a poor person who is evil and bad... and not innocent and always downtrodden? 

Anyways, the episode itself was enjoyable and it was cool to see LAS PEGASUS.  I also liked the acrobatic pony, she was so... flexible.  :)

8/10. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-09-19 18:51:12 »

Again, because everyone knows the rich are evil and totally underhanded. There's no conceivable way they earned their money honestly, that's just unheard of!! They probably robbed and cheated to get there. Because I obviously am not rich, so it's not possible for a rich person to have done it realistically.

Why can't we have a good rich person. Even people in real life resent rich people. Its annoying. Get over it. They were extremely successful. You don't have to be salty about it.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-09-20 19:17:50 »

Heheh, yeah, when the rich guy first showed up, I was like "he's the bad guy, case solved" because, of course he would be. ::) Then, "oh wait, he's actually nice? What a miracle!"

But then "oh... no, he's not".

That's part of what I didn't like about the episode: they were messing with us. :P And yeah, the old "rich guy = bad guy" thing. *sigh* ::)

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-09-20 19:20:39 »

Heheh, yeah, when the rich guy first showed up, I was like "he's the bad guy, case solved" because, of course he would be. ::) Then, "oh wait, he's actually nice? What a miracle!"

But then "oh... no, he's not".

That's part of what I didn't like about the episode: they were messing with us. :P And yeah, the old "rich guy = bad guy" thing. *sigh* ::)

Exactly the same.  Nailed it. 
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2017-10-22 17:09:04 »

Why was everyone mad at a guy for being successful?  I've never understood why all the shows always make the hard working rich guy a bad guy to try and earn and extra dime?  Other then that, I liked the different setting and it was a good episode.  Just not great. 7/10.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2017-10-25 15:53:00 »

I thought it was a pretty fun episode and something out of the ordinary in terms f location and story for them. 8.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2017-10-25 20:48:59 »

My review is finally here!  Many months later, lol!  An 8.
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Viva Las Pegasus" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024