PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Pokemon Discussion 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Discussion  (Read 109874 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #330 on: 2016-07-16 21:16:00 »

What is wrong with people. I get being obsessed with a game, but that's just... Too far. Have some damn respect.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #331 on: 2016-07-16 22:23:59 »

People need to show respect.  Geez. That is too bad. 

Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #332 on: 2016-07-16 22:48:56 »

People are pretty oblivious to things sometimes. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #333 on: 2016-07-17 10:24:23 »

Some fun Pokemon Go news for you all in easy snippets.  Various stories below.

* In Vancouver, Washington, Pokémon Go players hunting for the digital animals have caused problems for a local fire station. Officials say they've had people blocking their fire trucks and engine bays while searching for Pokemon character Charmander that pops up around the station. Fire officials finally posted signs telling people not to park in front of their station to look for Pokémon.

* Also in Vancouver, Washington, two brothers came across upon a loaded handgun in a field while playing the popular Pokemon Go game. Authorities said the two young men were on the trail of a virtual Pokemon creature when they found the gun in a field and called 911. The gun was weathered and had some rust but still appeared to be able to fire rounds, police said.

* In Greenfield, Indiana, authorities arrested a sex offender after they say a probation officer spotted him playing Pokemon Go with a 16-year-old boy on the county courthouse lawn. The 42-year-old man pleaded guilty in April to fondling a child under the age of 14 and has been on sex-offender probation, which prohibits the Greenfield man from interacting with children.

In Cincinnati, Ohio, four Pokemon players who attend the same church helped save the lives of two overdose victims they found while playing the game. The foursome spotted a car rolling slowly down a street near a park and discovered the couple inside were turning blue and overdosing on drugs. They stopped the car, stayed with the couple, called 911, and even accompanied the pair to the hospital and prayed for them as they underwent treatment.

* In Washington, D.C., Pokemon Go players have been chasing animated pocket monsters through the hallowed grounds of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, distracting and offending other visitors to the site meant to honor those who lost their lives to the horrors of Nazism. The museum is a Pokestop - a place where players can get free in-game items. Museum officials are trying to have it removed from the game and said playing the game inside the memorial is "extremely inappropriate."

* A 21-year old player in Forest Grove, Oregon, approached a stranger on the street and asked him if he was playing, too, police say. The other man then stabbed him. Police say the player described his attacker, refused treatment and continued on his Pokemon hunt.  Forest Grove is a safe community, so police are searching for the suspect.  Crime rarely happens in the town.

* In Berlin, Germany, a man who was wanted by police for evading a prison sentence was arrested after he ventured out to play the newly launched "Pokemon Go" smartphone game with friends. The 18-year-old initially gave a false identity but police quickly established that there was an arrest warrant out for him. He was detained and is now serving a six-month prison sentence he had previously avoided serving.

* In Anaheim, Calif., police say a Pokemon Go player was stabbed Wednesday by a group of young men in a park who got into some type of altercation with him. He was stabbed several times in the upper torso, but is expected to survive. Police don't believe the attackers lured the victim into the park, but they do believe the victim was playing the game and was distracted.

* In Waterville, Maine, a 22-year-old freelance web designer fell on the sidewalk and twisted her ankle while wandering downtown with her smartphone in search of pocket monsters. "It vibrated to let me know there was something nearby and I looked up and just fell in a hole," she says. Her parents had to drive her and her fiancé home.

* In western Pennsylvania, a 15-year-old girl was hit by a car while playing the game and crossing a busy highway. The girl was hospitalized with an injured collarbone and foot, as well as cuts and bruises, said her mother. The car's driver stopped and held the girl's hand until emergency responders arrived.

In Riverton, Wyo., a 19-year-old woman found a dead body floating in a river near her home while playing Pokemon Go. She said she was looking for a water Pokemon when she walked down to the Big Wind River, which runs behind her home. That's when she spotted a man's body floating face down in the water. Police say it appears he drowned. The young woman told police she never would have walked down to the river if not for the game.

* In Encinitas, Calif., two men fell off an oceanside cliff while playing Pokemon Go. Firefighters say the men ignored a warning sign and climbed through a fence Wednesday afternoon while playing the digital-monster cellphone game. One man fell about 50 feet down the side of the unstable bluff and the other fell about 90 feet to the beach. Both were hospitalized with moderate injuries.

* In Westport, Conn., “Pokemon Go” led two men into the prayer garden of a local church, where they found an unidentified naked woman ripping apart the grounds. The woman threw a statue of the Virgin Mary onto the ground, pulled lights out of the garden, turned over benches and threw garbage from her car into the baptismal pond. Police were called in and committed the woman to the hospital for evaluation. A church official said all the damage is "very fixable."

Good read. Some wild stuff in there. 
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #334 on: 2016-07-17 13:05:11 »

As the others have said enjoy the game a lot but they need seriously show respect.

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #335 on: 2016-07-17 18:04:13 »

Anyone here own a gym yet?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #336 on: 2016-07-17 18:17:13 »

Are the servers down again?
I don't, but I think Blurr mentioned he does.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #337 on: 2016-07-17 18:23:42 »

My Snorlax is still holding strong down the street

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #338 on: 2016-07-17 18:29:38 »

Nice!

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #339 on: 2016-07-17 18:30:26 »

Hard thing about Snorlax is, there isnt a lot of Snorlax out there so levelling him up is hard without the candy to do so.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #340 on: 2016-07-17 18:32:48 »

Wow, I almost caught a Ratticate, but it got away.

Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #341 on: 2016-07-18 01:49:31 »

Same here I nearly caught a psyduck but the game froze.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #342 on: 2016-07-18 06:18:27 »

I hate it when the game freezes. It does it constantly on my end. Or I does this weird thing where my avatar is still walking but I can't click on anything. So I have to restart the app, then that takes no joke like 15 minutes to load for some damn reason. It gets frustrating when it happens so often. Thankfully it's happening a little less.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #343 on: 2016-07-18 09:56:47 »

The game just came out in Canada so the servers may be having a hard time right now

~~~~~~~~
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #344 on: 2016-07-18 10:11:23 »

I know the servers in UK are iffy they go down a lot but that's understandable but it does annoy me sometimes.

Pages: < 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Pokemon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024