PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Anime Corner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anime Corner  (Read 5902 times)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« on: 2017-03-05 07:47:58 »

Let's talk about our favorite anime ^^
Share lists of your favorite anime, share intro videos or music videos from the show.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-05 07:54:19 »

My favorite anime of all time ever.

This is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin *Known as Silver Fang in the nordic countries*
It's the best I have ever seen.
It has everything that makes a fantastic masterpiece.
It has drama, comedy, horror, suspense.
Great artstyle, everything was hand animated back then, the detail in the background and in the characters.
Along with an amazing soundtrack to go with it!
It brings you in and leaves you wanting more, it tugs at your feels and then when it's done it's like you've just had a vivid dream.
GNG is where I learned how to draw dogs and bears.

Here's the main intro

And here's the full song that contains some clips from the show

Enjoy ^^

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-05 08:45:06 »

Favorite Anime? Dragon Ball Z shall always hold a place in my heart. Girls Un Panzer is good, and it's one of my favorites. But my top favorite? Hrm... Barakamon probably. It's such a good mix of humorous and deep relective moments. And there aren't huge stakes like monsters or aliens or saving your school. It's just a guy wanting to redeem his image and paint something beautiful. It's a lovely anime.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-05 12:14:05 »

Fooly Cooly. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-05 18:56:42 »

I really like Girls Und Panzer.  It's like the only one I know. ;D 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-03-05 19:01:48 »

Wow.
Uncultured swine. Go watch more anime.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-03-05 19:14:23 »

Another anime that is one of my all time favorite is

I love this anime so much, I can go back and rewatch it all over again *I have many times XD* I was so happy when they released the Final Act arc, but also, I cried like a baby when it finally ended.

There's also Gravitation:

Gravitation was the first shounen ai anime I ever watched *No it's not an hentai, just romance* It's such a nice anime, and the music is amazing!

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-03-05 19:49:26 »

Soul Eater and FullMetal Alchemist are my two favorites.

There's also a bit of slice of life stuff I've seen like K-On!, My Ordinary Life/Nichijou, and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou/Daily Lives of High School Boys,

Oh yeah, then there's Attack on Titan. That was pretty good.
FLCL/Fooly Cooly is a good one, too.
Uuuuh Space Patrol Luluco...

Pretty sure I'm missing one or two.

SNEE
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-03-07 08:58:43 »

There are a few anime I watched that helped with the foundation of my artstyle.
After watching these I wanted to combine the style of anime and manga with the 80s-90s western animation style.

Berserk
I watched this when I lived in Canada

Weiss Kreuz
Was one of the first animes I ever watched

Baki The Grappler
This anime helped me learn how to draw muscles properly

DNangel
This one is a big favorite of mine

Rurouni Kenshin
One of the first animes I watched

Nowadays I'm very picky with my anime, it needs to have a certain style and with a good storyline.
I go to watch anime to refuel my inspiration whenever I have an artblock or if I'm sick like now.

Both anime and western animation pays a big role in my artstyle.
The ones I listed here along with GNG and Gravitation lay down the rest of the foundation after that more anime was added as building blocks.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-03-07 09:59:50 »

Hm, can we try and not have too many YouTube videos embedded in one post. It's just to make sure it doesn't overload some users browsers and causes loading issues. Just copy and pasting the last two links into a new comment should be fine, no need to delete it all.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-07-02 23:36:25 »

I cannot confirm this yet as I haven't look it up, but a friend of mine just told me the cult classic, FOOLY COOLY is getting two more seasons? 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-07-17 19:51:53 »

Anime studio Production IG revealed a trailer for FLCL 2 and FLCL 3, two follow-ups to the popular 2000 anime FLCL.

Toonami will air both seasons in the West in 2018. Each is set to run for six episodes and follow separate stories, though they are both sequels to the original show.

You can watch the English trailer on Toonami's Facebook page or the Japanese version above.

FLCL 2 and 3 take place many years after the events of the original and feature a mix of new and returning characters. Japanese rock band The Pillows will be returning to do the music for the two series.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-17 19:52:36 by Silverwing » Logged
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2018-06-01 17:47:46 »

FCFL Progressive debuts in Adult Swim June 2nd.
TwistedOtaku
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2018-06-03 23:09:23 »

Of course...InuYasha was my first, but I could never find anything to fill the void...Until I found Fairy Tail lol...But InuYasha always holds a place in my heart. That...and Koga the Wolf Demon will forever be my husbando <3
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Anime Corner « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024