PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 88 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion  (Read 285285 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-01-30 15:47:21 »

I had to look up which number the Yak episode was. There's been so many episodes of the show I don't remember which number goes with which episode. I honestly haven't seen all the episodes either...I pick and choose which episodes I want to see out of each season....

*hides in a corner* I'm a baaaaaaaad fan of the show....XD
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-01-30 15:49:46 »

Hm.
But yeah no, off course I watched the 100th episode.

Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-01-30 15:52:40 »

I vaguely remember seeing Putting Your Hoof Down once or twice -- once on TV, I think. My grandparents get the channel and I think they were doing a spring or summer marathon once; it happened to be on. Same happened with Three's A Crowd, actually, which... I think I was home alone at their house when it was on. Otherwise it would have made me very uncomfortable to be watching it with others.

I've only seen one Season 3 episode, one Season 4 episode, and the very end of Season 5's Crusaders of the Lost Mark. Part of the reason I'm doing this re-watch is to familiarize myself with some of the characters that the rest of the fandom seems to have attached themselves to that I haven't met yet, as well as remember what about the series I liked in the first place.

It's a good show, it really is. I'm glad it's all on Netflix.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-01-30 15:58:18 »

In my opinion this show is eerily similar in my own viewpoint to Steven Universe. The shows are TOTALLY different, but how I viewed them initially was scarily similar. I was highly skeptical of both, the very first episode I watched was not the first episode of either show and it made me back away from even trying to watch either of the shows, and when I came back to both and started at the beginning I started appreciating the shows a lot more and I ended up enjoying both shows a lot =) Most of today's cartoons are not enjoyable to me, but these two are pleasant surprises and I'm happy I started watching both. Matter of fact, both of the shows I started watching because of fanart and sneezy fanart from you guys *blushes*
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-01-30 16:06:48 »

The bronies react video to the 100th got me laughing my ass off

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-01-31 12:03:24 »

Hm.
But yeah no, off course I watched the 100th episode.

What did you think? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-01-31 18:24:04 »

I liked it.
Except the Lyra and Bon Bon part.
It wasn't funny. It was honestly pretty stupid. The only way I see it being funny is if Bon Bon is some raving schizophrenic lunatic that has delusions of herself being part of a secret organization with the government. Kinda like a certain famous economist whose story was portrayed in the movie, A Beautiful Mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Beautiful_Mind_(film)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-31 18:38:09 by Leapingriver » Logged

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-01-31 19:24:37 »

I saw most of A Beautiful Mind. Real interesting.

I felt that the Bon Bon and Lyra part was out of nowhere. Was kinda silly but eh, if it gets the kids' attention, then I guess they did their job.

SNEE
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-02-02 15:46:05 »

I wasn't a fan of the Bon Bon/Lyra part either.  I only liked seeing them talking, but the subject matter was rather dumb. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-02-02 16:47:08 »

Yeah, the whole "Bon Bon is a spy" thing was just garbage. It felt like just an attempt at "lol so randum!". It was just blugh. I only liked it at the end when Lyra "get's back at Bon Bon" by saying she ate her expensive imported oats.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-02-02 16:55:30 »

I don't really care. It's good shipping fuel.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-02-02 17:09:36 »

I despise the Lyra x Bon Bon ship.

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-02-02 17:17:32 »

U w0t.

I don't care much for it, but despise? Damn son.

What doncha like about it tho?

SNEE
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-02-02 17:23:21 »

It's been THE ship ever since the early days of the fandom

~~~~~~~~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-02-02 17:25:38 »

It's stupid.
The shippers never give Lyra ANY personality besides "OH MY GOD HANDS!" cuz sitting in a weird way automatically means obsessed with fucking hands and humans. Perfect sense.

And Bon Bon is always characterized as a total bitch.

Every fic I've seen, every art I've seen it's just Lyra being a dumb twat, Bon Bon being annoyed, but then hurr durr that doesn't matter CUZ DEY LUV EACH OTHER!! And then they fuck -_- seriously. No romantic chemistry at all besides them being opposites, and hurp dee durr durr, opposites attract.

It's stupid. Overdone. and just blugh.

Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 88 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024