PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: What are your favorite Christmas songs? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are your favorite Christmas songs?  (Read 7900 times)
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2017-12-23 11:29:54 »

Post your favorite Christmas songs!  Merry Christmas everyone.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:30:10 by TheBeesSneeze » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-23 11:32:38 »

My favorite Christmas song, my favorite version of it.  To me it just captures everything that is Christmas and is very happy.

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" ยท Andy Williams

Plus have this wild old timey music video of it.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:33:20 by MasterXtreme » Logged
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-12-23 11:37:14 »

While not my favorite, it is indeed a Christmas classic to me. :)  Sung by Thurl Ravenscroft. Even his name fits his voice! "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas."

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-23 11:42:01 »

Super cool CD cover aside, I like this song.  "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" has been sung by many.  I like the version by Johnny Mathis especially.  Nothing crazy, just classic.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-12-23 11:44:14 »

Also there are millions of versions, but I like the song, "Joy to the World"

« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:44:54 by Darrin » Logged

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-12-23 11:44:15 »

Some may say this isn't a Christmas song, but they are wrong! It's not a classic Christmas song, but a Christmas song nonetheless.
(Christmas Party- Dead Milkmen)

(In terms of a classic Christmas song, I never had a favorite, I'd say. Some songs are great, others are annoying, was never able to pinpoint an exact favorite.)

SNEE
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-12-23 11:46:16 »

It is hard to pinpoint a favorite.  I have too many to choose just one.

One of my favorite chill Christmas songs is from Charlie Brown Christmas and orchestrated by Vince Guaraldi.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-12-23 11:48:47 »

People will recognize this song as soon as it starts playing, but very few know who it is by or what it is called.  Lexus has used this song in their car commercials for Christmas... gosh... I think since they started in the 1990s. 

The song is called, "Friends and Family."  It is a beautiful orchestration of instruments by STEVE KUJALA.  He kindly made the song available for free for everyone on his website.  Lexus doesn't seem to mind spreading the Christmas cheer then, which is nice.

Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-12-23 11:49:45 »

Aw dammit. Darrin, you just reminded me of this that was posted a few days ago.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:49:56 by System423 » Logged

SNEE
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-12-23 11:50:59 »

I could be real lazy and say just listen to this. ;D

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-12-23 11:51:41 »

Aw dammit. Darrin, you just reminded me of this that was posted a few days ago.

He's still smiling....

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-12-23 11:52:58 »

One that always gets me grooving is "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano.

« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:55:43 by Darrin » Logged
Miggs
Master Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2017-12-23 11:55:07 »

OH I love that song! I totally forgot it existed though...
« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:55:28 by System423 » Logged

SNEE
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2017-12-23 11:56:11 »

Helped you out a little there Silver on the linking. ;D  I love that song too.  I love all these songs... mostly. ;) 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2017-12-23 11:57:34 »

How can we forget the magnificent TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and their work with Christmas music.  It's intense.  This song is, "CAROL OF THE BELLS."

Taking Christmas classics and making them HEAVY.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) is an American progressive rock band founded around 1996 by producer, composer, and lyricist Paul O'Neill, who brought together Jon Oliva and Al Pitrelli (both members of Savatage) and keyboardist and co-producer Robert Kinkel to form the core of the creative team. The band gained in popularity when they began touring in 1999 after completing their second album, The Christmas Attic the year previous. In 2007, the Washington Post referred to them as "an arena-rock juggernaut" and described their music as "Pink Floyd meets Yes and The Who at Radio City Music Hall." TSO has sold more than 10 million concert tickets and over 10 million albums. The band has released a series of rock operas: Christmas Eve and Other Stories, The Christmas Attic, Beethoven's Last Night, The Lost Christmas Eve, their two-disc Night Castle and Letters From the Labyrinth. During 2010 they released "Carol of the Bells" as a Single.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is also known for their extensive charity work and elaborate concerts, which include a string section, a light show, lasers, "enough pyro to be seen from the international space station", moving trusses, video screens, and effects synchronized to music.
Both Billboard Magazine and Pollstar have ranked them as one of the top ten ticket-selling bands in the first decade of the new millennium. Their path to success was unusual in that TSO is the first major rock band to go straight to theaters and arenas, having never played at a club, never having an opening act and never being an opening act.

"Carol of the Bells" originally is a popular Christmas carol composed by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovych in 1914 with lyrics by Peter J. Wilhousky. The song is based on a Ukrainian folk chant called "Shchedryk". Wilhousky's lyrics are copyrighted, although the original musical composition is not.
The song is recognized by a four-note ostinato motif. It has been arranged many times for different genres, styles of singing and settings and has been covered by artists and groups of many genres: classical, metal, jazz, country music, rock, and pop. The piece has also been featured in films, television shows, and parodies.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-23 11:57:49 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: What are your favorite Christmas songs? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024