PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion  (Read 20803 times)
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2020-05-23 13:04:57 »

Anyway, with all the bad reviews I keep reading I'm not sure I'm even going to watch this new movie.  It might be worth skipping.

It isn't a Scooby Doo movie really. It's more like a Hannah Barbara cartoon reunion with Scooby in it.

AnyPoneDrawn, that's exactly what it sounds like to me.  Almost everyone has been saying how limited the screen time is for the main cast.  I was so hoping that they were going to make it in the style of the old H&B cartoons.  Even the more recent cartoons like Scooby Doo and Guess Who or Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. would have been a better idea than what they came up with :(.

I really am disappointed and not just because Scooby Doo didn't sneeze after finally been given nostrils  :(.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2020-05-23 16:21:31 »

With this poor performance, no evidence yet they would make a second film.
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2020-05-23 22:38:00 »

With this poor performance, no evidence yet they would make a second film.

I finally broke down and rented it tonight and just as I expected, I REALLY was disappointed  :'(.  Scooby Doo was so cute :-].  I really loved the way he was drawn.  He was simply adorable  ;D.

Wolfwood, while I was watching the movie I couldn't help but wonder if they where trying to set Blue Falcon up to make his own movie sequel if this movie did well enough at the box office?
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2020-05-24 08:53:16 »

To say nothing of this plot really reeks of retread whiff.  Maybe they should have just made it a straight Wacky Races-slash-Scooby-Doo crossover... I mean, Dick Dastardly paints tunnels on canyon walls and strings tripwires across roads--he doesn't release ancient demons from Hell, fah-gaws's-sakes.  And if what I'm reading is right, Warners wants to do their own Marvel Universe thing with their H-B properties?  (a la Snagglepuss)  Heavens to money-grab! It sounds so confusing. I'll have to watch a dozen movies at a sitting just to follow this whole story. Oh, well--it's a living. Please pass the popcorn and goobers. And a soda pop. Diet, even!

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2020-05-24 15:56:43 »

Okay, here's what I'm excited about-- a series of new Looney Tunes cartoons, starring our favorite classic characters, to officially launch on HBO Max later this month.  Already there's a lot of buzz on the new project, with clips, commentaries and reviews being leaked online, such as....

• ... this trailer, Dynamite Dance, starring Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. It's got a delightful feel hearkening back to Tex Avery's first outing with the little grey hare, but I gotta say, I do miss old Fuddy's double-barrel shotgun.
  • A brand-spanking new Sylvester and Tweety cartoon.
      The plot's admittedly a bit reminiscent of an old Tom and Jerry cartoon, but I do like seeing an older Granny model from her earliest appearances.  It appears the artists borrowed a lot of Sylvester's look from the few times Friz Freleng didn't direct him, too, like the yellow eyes and that huge honker.   It shows they did their homework.  Even Tweety's shuffling footsteps remind me of his earliest Clampett-directed appearances, like A Tale of Two Kitties and A Gruesome Twosome.  Oh, and also included, a short Daffy cartoon about, uh, let's see here, stepping in gum.  Eh, not the best use of the little black duck. You could have used any forgettable one-shot Looney Tunes character here, and it would have worked just as well.
  • Thirty minutes of gab for a cartoon what's barely two minutes long? Yeah, why not...?
      I do a bit of judicious self-promotion down in the comments section with a link to a Wile E./Road Runner-esque comic of mine in which I did my own variation on the classic tunnel gag. Check it out.

« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 17:56:34 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2020-05-24 16:57:19 »

To say nothing of this plot really reeks of retread whiff.  Maybe they should have just made it a straight Wacky Races-slash-Scooby-Doo crossover... I mean, Dick Dastardly paints tunnels on canyon walls and strings tripwires across roads--he doesn't release ancient demons from Hell, fah-gaws's-sakes.  And if what I'm reading is right, Warners wants to do their own Marvel Universe thing with their H-B properties?  (a la Snagglepuss)  Heavens to money-grab! It sounds so confusing. I'll have to watch a dozen movies at a sitting just to follow this whole story. Oh, well--it's a living. Please pass the popcorn and goobers. And a soda pop. Diet, even!

I personally think a Wacky Races movie in general would have been better. Then they can include all the characters they wanted.  It could have been really fun.  Who doesn't like a wacky race?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2020-05-24 17:00:43 »

Okay, here's what I'm excited about-- a series of new Looney Tunes cartoons, starring our favorite classic characters, to officially launch on HBO Max later this month.  A

I have been lightly following this as well.  That Elmer and Bugs cartoon is great!  It made me think of the classic toons and I would argue had the most liveliness and care put into it in a long time.  It is promising they are going back to some of this styling.  I can't even tell if it is FLASH or not.  Very smooth and nice.  The Tweety show might not be as good from what I've seen, but here is too hoping.

Always like Wiley Coyote.

The biggest blunder?  It's on HBO Max, a streaming service, and not available to the general public on TV.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2020-05-24 17:43:08 »

They are redoing old classics again?  Don't they go through this phase every ten years or so and they all end up as ratings failures and they quietly quit premiering them shortly after release?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2020-05-25 13:42:16 »

They are redoing old classics again?  Don't they go through this phase every ten years or so and they all end up as ratings failures and they quietly quit premiering them shortly after release?

..... Yeeeaaaah.  Pretty much. ;)
Tüsszent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2020-05-25 13:45:56 »

I saw the Scoob movie. Scooby does not sneeze but there are many scenes of him sniffing around and it producing considerable amounts of dust.  This dust somehow doesn't make him sneeze, but you can see his nostrils sucking it in!
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: 2020-05-25 15:08:38 »

Yeah, but it's really nothing new. Ever seen some of the old LT/MM compliation shows from the seventies and eighties?  They were basically shorts from 25-30 years before, strung together to tell a story. Some were Halloween or Easter specials; others were full-length films. Some of the then-living original supervisors-- Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Art Davis-- came on board to direct the new bridging material, and the end products were...well, fairly cohesive, I guess.  Of course, times change; tastes evolve, sensibilities are different.  Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam won't be waving their guns around quite as recklessly, and Pepe Le Pew's amorous antics wouldn't go over too well in the age of #MeToo.  Pretty much all the old guard is gone now... so naturally it becomes necessary to bring fresh writers and directors on board to ensure these characters stay alive for the enjoyment of the new generation-- and I like seeing what these kids can do with legacy characters like Bugs, Porky, Daffy, and Sylvester. Who knows, we could finally see a new Beans cartoon for the first time in better than 80 years.    ;D   :-0   ::|
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 15:17:12 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2020-05-25 20:44:19 »

Part of the fun is just seeing the new interpretations of these classic characters.
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2020-05-26 12:58:46 »

I saw the Scoob movie. Scooby does not sneeze but there are many scenes of him sniffing around and it producing considerable amounts of dust.  This dust somehow doesn't make him sneeze, but you can see his nostrils sucking it in!

I had butterfly's in my stomach a few different times thinking he is going to sneeze NOW!!!  Only to be let down :(.  Talk about a sneeze tease >:(

As I have mentioned before, they finally give his big beautiful and dare I say sexy :-] nose nostrils and they don't have him sneeze :( .  If you remember in The New Scooby Doo Movies when Scooby Doo meet's Sonny and Cher, even the word dust makes him sneeze! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsTa2PFYsk8 How on earth did he not sneeze after sucking in a bunch of dust through his brand new nostrils! >:(

Just look at them, they are just begging to be tickled ;D

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2020-05-26 13:27:19 »

There was so much prior history of Scooby sneezing from so much, so easily.  Even just the mere mention of the word!  How could they not?!

Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2020-05-26 22:53:21 »

There was so much prior history of Scooby sneezing from so much, so easily.  Even just the mere mention of the word!  How could they not?!

EXACTLY! Thank you Rainberry ;D.  If the artists who were researching Scooby Doo over the year's so much that they knew about Blue Falcon then you would have to know about how sneezy his nose is :o
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024