PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: MLP as Real People? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP as Real People?  (Read 7445 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-07-26 21:14:11 »

I think Samantha Wright would be a good Rainbow Dash.  You need some a tad more... traditional in hairstyle to be Rainbow Dash.

Though I guess for the roles, they would have to fix em' up right.

I'm trying to think for Twilight... Zooey Deschanel?

I don't know who she would be... but I feel Amanda Bynes could be a funny character.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-07-26 21:24:30 »

Would Jennette McCurdy be an okay Applejack or too young?  She sings country music, or did...  Add a few freckles and you could almost call it good maybe. 

Or maybe just get Ashleigh Ball can do the singing.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-07-26 21:30:08 »

I don't know who she would be... but I feel Amanda Bynes could be a funny character.
Didn't she have some... issues a while back? Didn't she set fire to a neighbor's lawn? Or take a crap on it? Or take a crap on the neighbor's lawn and set fire to that? Something. If she takes her meds and can be trusted,  I guess....

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-07-26 21:33:15 »

Didn't she have some... issues a while back? Didn't she set fire to a neighbor's lawn? Or take a crap on it? Or take a crap on the neighbor's lawn and set fire to that? Something. If she takes her meds and can be trusted,  I guess....

She probably did.... but who cares for this.  Just trying to find people who could fill these roles in part of their looks, not necessarily their ''at home'' behavior or acting credo. 

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-07-26 21:54:06 »

The problem is, a lot of the actresses I can think of would have been great for these sorts of roles, like,  ten or 12 years ago.  It's okay for a gal in her forties to play a Pony behind the mike, sure, but could she make it work live on stage?  Or are we trying to find some young ingenue with the chops of a young Winona Ryder, or a Meryl-Streep-back-when-she-did- Kramer quality? I mean, Melissa Rauch (Bernadette on The Big Bang Theory), for example, has a delightful Pinkie-Pie-ish squeak to her voice. .. but a 35-year-old woman playing a character who acts like a daffy teenager might come off more creepy than cute.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-07-26 22:02:04 »

The problem is, a lot of the actresses I can think of would have been great for these sorts of roles, like,  ten or 12 years ago.  It's okay for a gal in her forties to play a Pony behind the mike, sure, but could she make it work live on stage?  Or are we trying to find some young ingenue with the chops of a young Winona Ryder, or a Meryl-Streep-back-when-she-did- Kramer quality? I mean, Melissa Rauch (Bernadette on The Big Bang Theory), for example, has a delightful Pinkie-Pie-ish squeak to her voice. .. but a 35-year-old woman playing a character who acts like a daffy teenager might come off more creepy than cute.

I know, thats the tough part. :-/  It is really tough to find someone who is "known" to play the part.  Probably a lot of unknowns.  Cosplayers come to mind, but I don't know any of their names. ;) 

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-07-27 05:40:51 »

Or maybe just get Ashleigh Ball can do the singing.
Ashleigh's got my vote.  She's got the voice and she's hot enough to play best mudpone.

Soooo...Pinkie Pie?

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-07-27 10:00:02 »

Yeah, she can do Pinkie Pie.

Cool comic idea.

I had to look up who Samantha Wright was... she might be a good Rainbow Dash.  She looks athletic. 
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-07-30 11:54:59 »

I'm at a loss of who to pick really.  It is hard to do that.  Someone will eventually just one day "click" for the role.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-07-30 12:15:13 »

Well, Linda Cardinelli made a pretty good Velma in Scooby-Doo, so how about her for Twilight?  (I actually thought she was Eurasian, because her dark wig and glasses made her look strikingly like this cute Japanese girl I used to dine with in college.)  So she's no stranger to playing cute geeks.  Plus if you're going for a more... adult interpretation of MLP:FIM, she's proven she can do that too--just check out Robot Chicken's take on Scooby-Doo and Friday the 13th (esp. the end credits.  Clearly that gal was having fun that day.).

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-07-30 12:30:20 »

Well, Linda Cardinelli made a pretty good Velma in Scooby-Doo, so how about her for Twilight?  (I actually thought she was Eurasian, because her dark wig and glasses made her look strikingly like this cute Japanese girl I used to dine with in college.)  So she's no stranger to playing cute geeks.  Plus if you're going for a more... adult interpretation of MLP:FIM, she's proven she can do that too--just check out Robot Chicken's take on Scooby-Doo and Friday the 13th (esp. the end credits.  Clearly that gal was having fun that day.).

Good idea.  Would she be too old for the role though, but I agree, she can pull off that role, even if the Scooby live action films were complete garbage. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-07-30 12:49:21 »

She's actually almost three months older than I am-- holy crap!-- but  has proven she can play ten-15 years younger.

Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-08-04 09:56:14 »

If Pinkie Pie is as playful as a real person, I wouldn't mind hanging out together, haha.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-08-04 10:10:54 »

If Pinkie Pie is as playful as a real person, I wouldn't mind hanging out together, haha.

Funny, I would agree with that... she can't be so annoying, but I'd rather hang out with her as a person then a pone.  (if i was pone too)

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-09-12 12:04:06 »

So more time has passed, any new additions anyone can think of? 

Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: MLP as Real People? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024