PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Four years ago I lost someone very dear to me... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four years ago I lost someone very dear to me...  (Read 3845 times)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« on: 2016-11-15 07:09:37 »

Four years ago today I got a phone call early in the morning.
Mom called, the words were strange, my mind would just not let them sink in...
My beloved grandfather had passed away... No it must have been a bad dream.
It must have been wrong, my grandfather just couldn't be gone I hadn't shown him my artwork yet... He needed to see my work...
Then mom called again telling me to get ready so we can go and see him...
The roadtrip to his home felt longer then it was every step was heavier than the other.
Got inside his home and there he was lying on his bed as if he was sleeping... My mind wouldn't grasp it still, even when they put him in a coffin, it would not sink in that he was dead.
It wasn't until I got home later when it finally sunk in, my grandfather is not coming back... I broke never cried so much before.
But while I was lying there on my sofa unable to move cause it hurt so much... I felt something touch my head and I heard a very faint whisper and I got filled with determination.
That's the moment when I decided to make my art my living, to continue his artistic legacy.

Now four years later I'm sitting here making art for a living as a digital artist.
Everytime I pick up my pen and start working I think of him wondering if he'd be proud of my now.

I miss him terribly...

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-15 10:59:36 »

That is a really nice story in how you decided to continue his legacy with your passion mixed with his.  I am sure he is looking down proudly at you, loving your art. :) 

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-15 11:05:11 »

We all eventually have to face these times, and they are super hard.  I think your grandfather would have a big smile on his face seeing what you create. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-15 12:31:01 »

Stay strong as you have, and you can accomplish anything. :) 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-11-15 15:30:39 »

It is always tough.  I wish you the best during hard times.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Four years ago I lost someone very dear to me... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024