PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: COPPA It's Bad. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: COPPA It's Bad.  (Read 9391 times)
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2020-01-19 17:30:13 »

These companies don't need our info for any of these programs.  They never needed it before... but now information is the most valuable thing.  Google is more or less an information company.  Look at Google Maps... Streetview.... all information to match where people are and live with their other programs.  So much of this is masked as if it is better for us.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-19 17:30:26 by Kiwi » Logged
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2020-01-20 18:39:43 »

It's sad how much is tied to a Google Account now days. :P
megacycle

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2020-01-21 07:53:59 »

Alterative browsers/search engines to use would be Safari, Edge, Bing, Duck Duck Go.  They don't track your searches and data if you click if off.  DDGo doesn't at all. 

Firefox was recently found to have security breaches with data leaks.  Google and their Chrome browser of course compiles all your data and saves it for them to use and sell.

When I was using my laptop I got used to edge... didn't want to bog down my PC with a bunch of different web browsers that all do the same thing... I'm using the new edge which is chromium based but not google. I'm pleased by it. It's like Chrome but without google. I hope it stays that way.

I mostly use my phone for youtube and gaming on the apps from the app store... so all they got is my preferred puzzle games and youtube... which is google anyway. I love and hate technology... lol. I'm waiting for the day that swat bursts into somebodies home because they were playing call of duty and their google home got concerned... it heard talks of plots to blow up and bomb places. You've picked up the bomb, the bomb is armed protect the bomb. Insert other generic phrases from search and destroy.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2020-01-27 17:16:20 »

Since this has become an internet security type topic, AVAST Antivirus security services have been caught selling your data to tons of companies. 

Antivirus firm Avast is reportedly selling users' web browsing data

Time to delete.
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: COPPA It's Bad. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024