PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Fursonas and Genders 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fursonas and Genders  (Read 2180 times)
Sneeze_Sleuth_29

Snouts are cool. And nose rubs :3

WWW Email
« on: 2019-12-28 16:02:33 »

I know this site originally started as a MLP-esque forum, I imagine lots of you probably are also furries to some extent as well. I've been interested in anthro characters since I was little, and only a few years ago got a fursona to identify with. Even when I was little, I've always fantasized myself as some sort of female character or wanting to be a certain female character. It was, in  part, because it seemed appealing, but I also like how comfortable it felt to identify with a female character. This is why the fursona I've had for a few years, Viola the Raccoon, is a girl. It just feels...right.

How do you guys feel about fursonas of opposite gender and do any of you have fursonas or characters of opposite gender.

I'll take a sneezefic, and WRITE IT!
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-12-28 17:40:35 »

Can't say I've ever put any thought into it.  Never been interested too honestly.  The media always had such a negative spotlight on them and I sort of just brushed it off as I know they have the same negative light on sneeze fetishists. 

But short and sweet, I'm not a furry nor have I ever planned to be one. 
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-12-28 18:10:46 »

I would not consider myself a furry, no.. I draw anthro art, yes! Because it's fun and I'm good at it sometimes! Humans are just pretty boring to draw.

Ponies are fun, too! But likewise, I wouldn't consider myself a "brony" or "pegasister" or whatever.

Labels are dumb.

So, nope. Not a furry, sorry, nor do I plan to identify with the fandom. I can/do appreciate the art, and I have fun coming up with stories for my little characters, but once again, ... nah.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-12-28 20:57:38 »

I'm in no way a furry either.  I just like the art content people post here.  I don't label myself in a box.  I'm just me.

But having said that, I have never done anything remotely furry related.  I do have a persona pony the community was so awesome and made for me.  But even that wasn't my doing.  I just embraced it!

People can do what they want as long as it doesn't harm others or is illegal. ;)
« Last Edit: 2019-12-28 20:57:56 by Smiles2us » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-12-28 23:04:38 »

How do you guys feel about fursonas of opposite gender and do any of you have fursonas or characters of opposite gender.

People can do whatever they want.  Just like they can write or draw about whatever they want.  As Smiles said, as long as it doesn't hurt others or is illegal, do what you want.

I am not a furry. I've never been partial to that term either. Maybe a rebranding is in order.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-12-31 21:28:23 »

Not a furry but you can do what you want. :)
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-12-31 21:29:20 »

I don't really know a whole lot about the furry fandom or what it really is.  But they can do what they want.  Doesn't really concern me.  They can create whatever they wish.
LocoLover3

I say what I like and I like what I say. So there.

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2020-01-06 07:14:56 »

I am certainly no furry XD But I do find it easier sometimes to create characters of the opposite gender.

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2020-08-26 13:14:07 »

Saw this topic just now sorry for late comment *Life came in the way*

I am absolutely a furry, happy to be one too ^-^ furries do a lot of good things, just try and ignore those who give the rest of us a bad rep.
As for your fursona being the opposite gender; That is fairly common in the furry community, I have a male fursona.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2020-09-04 13:43:10 »

While I am mostly into human female sneezing (with a bit of male sneezing too when I'm in the right mood for it), I found out a while ago that I really like furry sneezing too.
When I dream (or write) about furry creatures sneezing, they always have something human about them. Either they are anthro, or they are at least able to think like humans, and talk to them...

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Fursonas and Genders « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024