PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Cooking/baking/food thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cooking/baking/food thread  (Read 3368 times)
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« on: 2020-09-07 19:30:40 »

Who here likes to cook? I like cookin’ sometimes, and I also like baking cakes. I actually made a cake just a few days ago, but it was kinda dry: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/x-0u0-x

Does anyone else here have pictures of food or certain recipes you’d like to share? Do you have a favorite TV show or YouTube channel about cooking? What are the best and worse recipes you’ve ever seen? I’d like to know that and more if you’re down to chat. :)

Edit: tumblr isn’t available for everyone, so I’m trying photobucket too:
https://app.photobucket.com/u/x_OwO_x/p/b2e7aa05-d0c7-4946-80aa-eb222d51dc46
https://app.photobucket.com/u/x_OwO_x/p/3325c702-b93f-4be7-b5d3-c09dfd11209e
« Last Edit: 2020-09-07 19:41:45 by !xOWOx! » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2020-09-07 21:10:03 »

I like to cook but I am no pro.  I learned because I kind of had too, lol.  I do like your cakes though!  They look nice and homemade. :D I don't watch or do anything cooking related but sometimes I look at cooking websites to learn how to make something.

The best thing I've ever made is kinda sad and lame.  It was just maybe a burger or a grille cheese sandwich with tomato soup.  Again, I am no expert. I am very basic.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-09-07 21:34:52 »

Oh that looks lovely.  I like to cook.  I wanted to learn because I wanted to eat good when on my own and not have to rely on frozen dinners and pre-packaged food.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-09-08 02:46:11 »

Oh this is a fun thread :D I love cooking and baking! But it's boring doing it for myself

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2020-09-08 11:45:11 »

A funny question: is there somebody who learned to cook something at first place because they were not satisfied by parents’ cooking?
Well, the potato pancakes, one of my favorite dishes since early childhood, were always too fat when cooked by my mother and too dry when cooked by my father — it looked like they did it for purpose of making me to learning how to prepare that pancakes by myself. So, when I was nine, I tried to cook them and the result was perfect! Most of the next dishes I learned to prepare followed the same scenario — I don’t like something in the dish which is so simple that even I can made, I try to cook it, I like the result.
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2020-09-08 12:59:19 »

I like to cook but I am no pro.  I learned because I kind of had too, lol.  I do like your cakes though!  They look nice and homemade. :D I don't watch or do anything cooking related but sometimes I look at cooking websites to learn how to make something.

The best thing I've ever made is kinda sad and lame.  It was just maybe a burger or a grille cheese sandwich with tomato soup.  Again, I am no expert. I am very basic.

There’s nothing wrong with being basic, I know a couple of simple recipes that are really enjoyable, like cooking soy sauce and rice in a pan. It’s like lo mein, but it’s rice.

Oh that looks lovely.  I like to cook.  I wanted to learn because I wanted to eat good when on my own and not have to rely on frozen dinners and pre-packaged food.

If you really want to, you can take a frozen dinner and try to improve it. One time I made two frozen White Castle burgers, but I also put egg and ham on them and turned them into breakfast sandwiches.

Oh this is a fun thread :D I love cooking and baking! But it's boring doing it for myself

Have you ever tried listening to music while you cook? That’ll definitely make it less boring. I love having music, but I never know what to put on so I rarely do it.

A funny question: is there somebody who learned to cook something at first place because they were not satisfied by parents’ cooking?
Well, the potato pancakes, one of my favorite dishes since early childhood, were always too fat when cooked by my mother and too dry when cooked by my father — it looked like they did it for purpose of making me to learning how to prepare that pancakes by myself. So, when I was nine, I tried to cook them and the result was perfect! Most of the next dishes I learned to prepare followed the same scenario — I don’t like something in the dish which is so simple that even I can made, I try to cook it, I like the result.

The first time I realized I liked cooking was when I came home really late from school and my mom made London broil for dinner. I thought it was kinda bland, and we happened to have some onions in the fridge, so I sautéd some chopped onions and put it on the meat. It was SO good ^-^

Here’s something else I cooked just today: https://app.photobucket.com/u/x_OwO_x/p/f4bfcdea-5cfe-4bbb-add8-3a9601876e2d
It looks like something between fried rice and beef stew. It was very savory, and just a bit salty. I gave my dad some and he ended up loving it, so we ate it together.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-08 13:00:50 by !xOWOx! » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2020-09-08 19:05:00 »

Nice idea for a topic.  I like cooking. :)  I'm good at BBQing things and breakfast goods.  I also make nice soups, lol.  But none of that is tough stuff.
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2020-09-09 17:39:03 »

Nice idea for a topic.  I like cooking. :)  I'm good at BBQing things and breakfast goods.  I also make nice soups, lol.  But none of that is tough stuff.

I like making soups too. Do you make soup with broth/stock or do you use plain water?

Also, if anyone’s interested, I tried cooking again tonight, but I’ve virtually ran out of stuff to cook with and this is the result: https://app.photobucket.com/u/x_OwO_x/p/5472d2e9-58c5-442e-9843-88e01abae393
I really struggled to cobble this together, and it ended up tasting just NASTY because I added parmesan to the mix. I think I could’ve halfway enjoyed it if it weren’t for the cheese, but instead, I had to throw it out and waste good rice :(

Also also, I think this video is relevant to the thread: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkI_-ep5JhU
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2020-09-10 16:47:42 »

https://app.photobucket.com/u/x_OwO_x/p/5472d2e9-58c5-442e-9843-88e01abae393

I think that stuff looks good. I will have to take some pics of stuff I make.  Sometimes I make from scratch and sometimes I "improve" things that are partially made.
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2020-09-21 23:00:22 »

Sorry for the lack of updates, i wasn't cooking that much. I came back with a chocolate cake tho. It was moist, and the frosting was very sweet. Also, I have a lot of leftover chocolate chips and light cream, so I might make hot coco tomorrow.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2020-10-03 13:20:54 »

^ That looks pretty chocolatey.  lol.

Does anyone have a trail mix concoction they enjoy?
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2020-10-03 15:42:51 »

\

Does anyone have a trail mix concoction they enjoy?

It isn't that hard silly.  Throw in whatever nuts you like.  Maybe throw in some chocolate and raisins.   :))
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2020-10-03 16:54:35 »

True, but I was hoping someone had a special recipe.
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2020-10-04 18:21:06 »

True, but I was hoping someone had a special recipe.

I found a list of trail mix recipes with a few that I think look really good: https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/meals-menus/g32257082/trail-mix-recipes/?slide=1
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2020-10-13 20:59:12 »

So this is gonna sound silly.... maybe... I've watched the Pioneer Woman.  She's on tv. :D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Cooking/baking/food thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024