PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion  (Read 20784 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: 2021-03-13 13:23:36 »

I would have to agree about Hollywood not respecting the material sources.  They forget about WHO the characters where.  They treat them simply as characters with boxes to check off. Money grab.
Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #91 on: 2021-03-23 13:49:13 »

, I sometimes think they should fire the lot of them, bring the amateur fanfic writers love-laboring in obscurity up from America's basements, bowling alleys, and crappy studio apartments, and give some of them a crack at it. They couldn't do any worse.

I know that we are talking about Tom & Jerry, but I just wanted to mention that I felt the exact same way when I saw Scoob last year :(.  Of course I was disappointed that they didn't have Matthew Lillard doing the voice of Shaggy after he had been the voice actor for that character for the past 12 years.  I was also really upset that they didn't have a Scooby Doo having to sneeze while hiding scene, but that's just personal :-].  All kidding aside I was just disappointed in the story and the treatment of the characters and felt like a Scooby Doo geek such as myself could have written a far better screen play than the writers on in Hollywood produced >:(.   

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: 2021-03-26 22:14:07 »

I wish they would make a new Scooby movie, they can keep the same character designs, but get rid of all the other Hana Barbara cartoons.  We aren't there for them.  We were there for a Scooby Movie.  None of that dumb alien stuff either.  Keep it grounded.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #93 on: 2021-05-22 16:04:16 »

For some follow up, the studios latest release, Tom & Jerry (2021 film) actually beat it's budget which is a shock.  A huge shock.  This movie was panned, but I guess parents wanted their kids to see it.  With a budget of $79 million, the film earned $112 million.

This just further pushed studios to make low quality content if they can make money on it.  Shameful.

Less then 31% of reviewers have given this film a positive review.  It garners an average of 4/10 stars on Rotten Tomatoes. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #94 on: 2021-05-22 16:06:43 »

UPCOMING WB ANIMATION FILMS

(Woke) Space Jam: A New Legacy   July 16, 2021.

DC's League of Super-Pets May 20, 2022.     

Coyote vs. Acme July 23, 2023.     <--- This film will be live action mixed with CGI similar to Tom and Jerry 2021.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: 2021-05-28 15:18:48 »

I admit I confused these guys with the Dog Stars, a team of ancillary characters in the Krypto the Super Dog series about 20 years ago.  Actually, I'd rather see that movie. This one sounds like it stinks worse than Streaky the Super-Cat's litter box. And he's a super-cat, so you know he does some pretty super poops.

I may just stick with the old WB/H-B cartoons they show in the mornings on the classic TV station.
See, that would be a great job for me:  showing 'toons, sharing animation history tidbits, and playing with puppets.  How do I land a classic cartoon curator gig like that?
« Last Edit: 2021-05-28 16:00:07 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: 2021-05-28 21:15:04 »

Super pets?  Seriously?  Just trying to garner viewers who like animals and pets... how pathetic.  Can they think of anything original?   The plot sounds horrible. 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #97 on: 2021-06-09 21:23:23 »

Another trailer released for Space Jam: A New Legacy.  Lola looks fine... but I will tell you what isn't fine.  The CGI characters shown in the second half of this trailer... sometimes it looks jarringly poor.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #98 on: 2021-06-10 18:26:53 »

Imagine seeing even something like Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck IRL.  It would be so weird and horrifying.

That would make a funny as hell plot in Space Jam 2

Truly.  Reminds me of something I read on another forum:

As you all know, the Merge will be happening soon....

The final stage of the merge will involve everyone in our universe disconnecting from your universe. We will go silent. We must hibernate to tug the universes together.

...By your human calendar in that universe, the merge should be complete by the end of 2038. 2018 here, 2038 in [Dimension] 1218.

...In 20 short years, you should start seeing manifestations of what you people so cynically call "fictional characters". You might literally shit your panties when you see Bugs Bunny in real life! (But be polite, he looks a little rough. Makeup on television can work wonders.)

Presumably in the crossover from 2-D to 3-D  'toons lose some of their "magic", coming across looking like life-size rubber puppets... or deformed, perverse monstrosities.  Like Roger Rabbit in hell... or the original concept for Cool World (see "Executive Meddling").  I imagine they wouldn't smell too good, either.    >>()

Let your horrors come true and watch the trailer in the post above... @NostradamusTheSeer @Silverwing @Blurr
« Last Edit: 2021-06-10 18:27:12 by MasterXtreme » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: 2021-06-11 00:36:30 »

In that title card image, Lola's face looks HORRIBLE.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #100 on: 2021-06-11 13:26:13 »

I hope it's good though.  I mean the 2D animation bits look quite good and the character designs are fine. 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: 2021-07-11 13:59:26 »

We all saw this coming right?

But monetarily, the film was a success.  And because of that... studios will continue to see their dribble is successful and they can put less and less effort in it knowing people will blindly give them money anyways.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: 2021-07-11 18:50:39 »

On the other hand, we're getting new Tom and Jerry cartoons that have the look and feel of the old forties and fifties theatricals, like this. That money's being well-spent. Could mean that the sequel's quality will be greatly improved.  Who knows, maybe we'll even see a hip young Mammy Two-Shoes, played by a BLM-approved actress, as Tom's new owner. 

Also wouldn't mind seeing a new Droopy short, with that classic Tex Avery feel... maybe a DVD extra, or something.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: 2021-07-11 23:39:43 »

It does seem like WB is willing to bring back and continuing to update their old IP's.  They've been doing it since... well... forever.  They do Bugs and Daffy, super hero shows, Tom & Jerry, Animaniacs, Scooby, and so many others.  I wouldn't worry about them stopping.

Heck, we even saw Yogi Bear in a new Geico ad. ;)  They own Yogi now right?  Or is that Turner? 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #104 on: 2021-07-12 21:07:47 »

There is also that new Looney Tunes Show that uses like a version of Flash or something and it features many classic characters.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024