PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions  (Read 23765 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2020-10-03 22:14:42 »

I know everyone probably knows about this by now and it's been very controversial.  I stopped supporting Netflix because of it.  Now I just stream for free online, it's much cheaper and I don't miss anything.

Here is a video about it.  Netflix's 'CUTIES.'

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2020-10-15 17:40:25 »

Animaniacs and Pinky and The Brain returning but on Hulu with new episodes and a lesser quality form of animation.  Teaser below.

Comes out November 2020.

Hulu Reveals First Look at Steven Spielberg’s ‘Animaniacs’ Reboot.

Only good thing is that Spielberg himself is leading the charge.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: 2020-10-15 18:10:45 »

I was kind of hoping to see Baloney the Dinosaur in that clip.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2020-10-15 18:18:29 »

The animation looks like crap.  But I do hope it's good. 
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2020-10-17 20:45:25 »

It might be fun.  Animation isn't so great, but it might be written well.

Or it might seem like it's stuck in the past.  We'll see.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2020-10-21 15:59:26 »

More on the Animaniacs Reboot.  Not sure what I think.  The animation is definitely a downgrade and they will definitely be going political again.  But I am not sure today's society can laugh at political jokes anymore... We are led to believe people only get offended and cancel things.

No Slappy?
« Last Edit: 2020-10-21 15:59:40 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: 2020-10-22 10:07:02 »

Pinky and The Brain are still around (their short tenure as Elmyra's unwilling pets conveniently forgotten), and so's Mr. Skullhead--good, I guess.... No Rita and Runt...precious little Goodfeathers (in light of Bobby DeNiro doing more "kinder and gentler" projects like Meet the Fokkers these days, I guess)...possibly no Buttons and Mindy... Thaddeus Plotz is out, and a new hip, ethnically-ambiguous millennial C.E.O. is in--   Seriously?  Will they create new characters to replace the void left by nixing decidedly MeToo-non-compliant characters like Hello Nurse and Minerva Mink? What next, the roasted remains of Chicken Boo served in the WB commissary, without even being cooked in trans-fats to make him palatable?  This is as phenomenally stupid as the producers of Wabbit saying dropping anvils was too passe and Elmer Fudd was no longer "the man". You can't just bring back a show after twenty years, cut half the cast, and kill the spirit of everything that made it great to begin with.  A lot of fanboy's dreams and wishlists for this anticipated new reboot, I imagine, are going to go completely ignored.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-22 16:22:10 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: 2020-10-22 15:37:57 »

Maybe those characters will be in... we just didn't see them?  But you think they would have shown them all. 

I don't like this new 'woke' WB we've seen in many of their recent cartoons. Wabbit was ruined right away because of it.

A show that didn't get much love, but I thought was quite good was, "The Looney Tunes Show."  I guess it was too boring and mature for it's own good?
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: 2020-10-28 22:27:17 »

Coming to select theaters November 13th, 2020.  It was paid for by Apple to be made, and he visuals and art style look lovely.  It will also be released to Apple TV for people who subscribe to that.

WOLFWALKERS.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: 2020-11-16 17:29:28 »

Animaniacs review.  Is it any good?  This guy got to watch several episodes early.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2020-11-16 21:47:20 »

I'm waiting til the 20th to see. Animaniacs was a huge part of my childhood so I feel I have to see how they bring it into this modern time.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: 2020-11-17 14:17:26 »

The animation is very bothersome to me.  It looks like a major step down.  You can clearly see it's origins not being hand drawn.   But hopefully the show itself is fun!  I look forward to seeing what it's like so many years later.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2020-11-20 22:33:38 »

Animaniacs...

I wonder how many segments from the classic show they got rid of... and if they added any new characters?
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: 2020-11-21 00:48:09 »

I think a lot of fans will agree with me that this reboot is missing a lot of what we liked about the original: the dynamics of an ensemble cast and the chance to try different character dynamics and pairings. The humor can be hit or miss at times, but pretty enjoyable once they get past the "fish-out-of-water" jokes and the needless Trump-bashing.  C'mon, equal time, guys; turn in something making fun of the left's foibles, how'bouddit? I've got one here about college safe spaces they're welcome to use.

Sadly, they pretty much axed all the ancillary characters-- though I will say, many of them got surprise cameos in ep. 5. Trust me, you'll have to see it to believe it. Fair warning: you'll cringe a bit at first, but stay with it, because the payoff is quite satisfying.   Callbacks, too, to a number of classic shorts like "Hercule Yakko", "Meet John Brain", and "The Scoring Session", abound, and are fun to spot.  And, for my fellow PSF'ers  [singsongy]  a couple of sneezes, too-oo!  Some of the references and parodies can easily go over the heads of those who lived under ObamaCable and weren't allowed much more than the classic television networks, mawkish 'tween dramas on the CW, and the news feeds dubbed in Spanish for the the better part of the twenty-tweens... but I did like their take on It, and Pinky and Brain in a Terminator parody even better than the one from their short-lived spin-off comic in the late nineties.

The actors, of course, are almost three decades older, but most seem to be still in good voice... though, anyone else think Maurice LaMarche's tired, word-weary delivery is rather less Orson Welles and more Vincent Price? Tress MacNeille's singing voice lends a sultry, smoky edge to in Dot's numbers I rather like, though. Oh, and Kevin Michael Richardson as a talking, singing zit (I am struggling not to make an ethnically-insensitive joke about a "blackhead"--shit.   ;D

A few of the episodes' third acts seem to be throwing stuff to the wall and seeing if it sticks. A couple of these new segments debuted that would have been right at home for sure in Freakazoid, or even Toonsylvania, Spielberg's lesser-known brainchild. One, "Starbox and Cindy", about a small child and a tiny alien warlord that appears to be what Pinky , Elmyra and The Brain wanted to be, but never quite could pull off.... and another's about a man who is  accidentally exposed to a radioactive explosion and, er, turned into a strange gnome who lives in people's mouths--yes, it's as weird as it sounds; I think it's supposed to be a...um... a parody of the old Incredible Hulk series, I think. Just... I-I don't know, watch the ending and tell me, listening to the music, if this doesn't come to mind....

In short, I liked more than I hated, and though a couple shorts don't quite stick the landing the way I'd have liked, and I could have lived without seeing Pinky's naked butt, there's more good than bad here... and if they're really itching for new characters,  I say introduce more dogs. Ya can't go wrong with dogs.    ;D

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2020-11-21 16:31:44 »

The humor can be hit or miss at times, but pretty enjoyable once they get past the "fish-out-of-water" jokes and the needless Trump-bashing.  C'mon, equal time, guys; turn in something making fun of the left's foibles, how'bouddit?

They'd never be fair in the side they bash.  Even back in the old days, the jokes against Clinton were nothing sinister.  Also Spielberg is very much a Democrat.
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024