PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491014 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #690 on: 2021-01-31 12:38:35 »

People say this game is impossible to fail... but I have a hard time earning money because I always get my truck hit by a stupid car crossing an intersection or hitting me on a round-a-boat.  So I end up having to repair my truck at $7-22k per delivery, lol!
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #691 on: 2021-01-31 12:41:14 »

Loving the stats you came up with @Captain Ridiculous!

@AnyPoneDrawn Those roundabouts are horrible especially when double lane.  The AI doesn't know how to properly use the lanes and will illegally cut through lanes or go straight instead of turning like they are supposed too.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #692 on: 2021-01-31 12:42:52 »

The insurance from ATS is a really cool feature for not-so-careful driving ;D. If compare to ETS, the average cost of repair is 4-5 times smaller, and amount of crashes is smaller too.
Right these days I am playing ETS at level 11, so some short rides can bring me 5-6k Euros, and two speeding tickets for 40+ km/h (mostly due to surprising «40» signs on interchanges) take 6-7 thousand ;D. So, when you don’t have several hired drivers, it can be not very profitable to take short route orders ;D.
« Last Edit: 2021-01-31 12:51:21 by timmelon » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #693 on: 2021-01-31 12:48:42 »

There is insurance in ATS and none in ETS2?  Why do I not remember this?
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #694 on: 2021-01-31 12:52:43 »

As I know, normally they are in both games, but in ETS they are disabled in .cfg files.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #695 on: 2021-01-31 12:54:07 »

That is really weird. 

I've always wondered why my damages cost less in ATS.

Has anyone ever been able to drive a truck so long and without getting damage, that the truck naturally wears and needs to be repaired?  I've always wondered about this and if the trucks naturally age/wear over time and need to be fixed.  Not just the usual hitting cars thing. ;D
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #696 on: 2021-01-31 13:04:33 »

Has anyone ever been able to drive a truck so long and without getting damage, that the truck naturally wears and needs to be repaired?  I've always wondered about this and if the trucks naturally age/wear over time and need to be fixed.  Not just the usual hitting cars thing. ;D

I have tried, but I always getting some form of damage on my truck that I want to repair.  So I've never driven it long enough to say... have a natural need to change the oil or buy new tires.  Lol.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #697 on: 2021-01-31 13:06:44 »

Well, in ATS I had a lot of 3-hour rides without any crashes. Truck and trailer normally get about 2 percent of damage per one hour.
As for ETS, in rural areas the flawless driving is much more difficult. For me ;D. I think TrackIr/Tobii users who can reverse double trailers — sometimes even without using the external camera — are skilled enough to monitor everything around their trucks (the thing which any IRL driver is supposed to do ;D).
« Last Edit: 2021-01-31 13:27:55 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #698 on: 2021-01-31 15:41:26 »

It's much easier for me to not get damage in ATS because of all the big wide roads and freeways.  Roundabouts are my un-doing in ETS2.  A car will always hit me.
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #699 on: 2021-02-01 21:22:06 »

Quick update to everyone.  I will indeed be redoing the performance test of trucks.  I was going to start Sunday night, but like all issues that happen on PC, they happen suddenly and unexpected.  My RAM decided it didn't want to work properly and now I can barely run my PC.  So I in the process of backing up files and eventually will get some new RAM chips for my PC.

I could do the test on my Apple computer, and might do that.  But right now, I just really want to fix my other computer, lol.

I will do it eventually though, because I am really curious about the new trucks and I want to do this test much better. 

If anyone knows of some good "straight roads" that are next too or near a garage/trailer location please let me know.  This way it is easiest for me to switch trucks and then test them.

In the earliest ATS yes, I used a stretch of road right near the garage in Sacramento.  There is a section of road almost straight ahead past the repair shop, then turn left.  It's usually got no traffic and was a good road.  The issue with it though is that it was a little short.

In ETS2, I used a very long stretch for road near the Le Harve garage.  It was nice, but runs had to be omitted if there was traffic.  I attempted "top speed" runs here too, but I never kept track of the records because I was never sure if I could go faster or not, or traffic slowed me down.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #700 on: 2021-02-02 10:05:08 »

What a nice surprise from SCS! Maybe those chassis are not so versatile, but finally we can built the classic double- or triple-trailer rig or the epic 3-3-3-3 heavy cargo transporter (like on the third screenshot) without mods! Personally for me, this update gives more diversity than adding some new trucks ;D.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #701 on: 2021-02-02 16:22:17 »

While honestly not something I ever think about OR care about, this is will be more a visual change for me.  And now I will have to decide which chassis to pick... which is a good thing too.  Makes more diversity.

I never really thought about the lack of chassis choice in ATS.  I don't know why, i just never thought about it.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #702 on: 2021-02-02 16:24:14 »

Quick update to everyone.  I will indeed be redoing the performance test of trucks.  I was going to start Sunday night, but like all issues that happen on PC, they happen suddenly and unexpected.  My RAM decided it didn't want to work properly and now I can barely run my PC.  So I in the process of backing up files and eventually will get some new RAM chips for my PC.

I could do the test on my Apple computer, and might do that.  But right now, I just really want to fix my other computer, lol.

I will do it eventually though, because I am really curious about the new trucks and I want to do this test much better. 

If anyone knows of some good "straight roads" that are next too or near a garage/trailer location please let me know.  This way it is easiest for me to switch trucks and then test them.

In the earliest ATS yes, I used a stretch of road right near the garage in Sacramento.  There is a section of road almost straight ahead past the repair shop, then turn left.  It's usually got no traffic and was a good road.  The issue with it though is that it was a little short.

In ETS2, I used a very long stretch for road near the Le Harve garage.  It was nice, but runs had to be omitted if there was traffic.  I attempted "top speed" runs here too, but I never kept track of the records because I was never sure if I could go faster or not, or traffic slowed me down.

Oh no!  I am sorry to hear that.  That also sounds about right.  It will happen when you least expect, usually when you are motivated to do something then now can't. :P  Sorry.

As for good straight areas, I think you already found two good ones. :) I can't think of any.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #703 on: 2021-02-02 16:40:15 »

I never really thought about the lack of chassis choice in ATS.  I don't know why, i just never thought about it.
When you see only three-axle trucks almost everywhere, it’s easy to forget that the alternative chassis exists ;D.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #704 on: 2021-02-02 17:01:15 »

That stinks.  Sorry about your computer.  I'm trying to think of other locations to start at.  I would have said Phoenix for ATS, but there is often TONS of traffic on the roads in that warehouse area. 
Pages: < 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024