PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 346 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 513880 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #885 on: 2021-04-14 17:15:47 »

Another unique railroad yard/depot is something I like to see.  There are a lot of "Rai/Export" yards but most are similar.  There are a few unique ones.  Seattle's comes to mind.  So I look forward to this new depot.  Wyoming is a remote state, so they will have plenty of room of big things like this.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #886 on: 2021-04-14 17:28:45 »

Looking good.  Hard to believe Cheyenne and Casper are the biggest 'cities' in Wyoming.  Both have just over 50,000 people.  Thats all!   That should tell you how small a population this state is.  Towns will be small, but are treated like "big centers of commerce' because it's so rural everywhere else. 
« Last Edit: 2021-04-14 17:29:37 by Silverwing » Logged
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #887 on: 2021-04-15 18:27:40 »

The only thing I love more than a good truck is a good train!  One of my fav things is seeing the different regional trains in this game too.  So this is gonna be great. The yard looks superb.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #888 on: 2021-04-15 18:50:08 »

I decided to go a bit in-depth with a few photos here.

In real life the train yard in Cheyenne is RIGHT next to downtown.  The town grew around the success of it's railroad.  Google Map of yard.  There is also a beautiful and historic roundtable still in the train yard. It appears to still be in use in some capacity.

The same angle as this photo shows us a fairly accurate view of the city.  In real life there aren't two build boards surrounding the old Union Pacific railroad sign. FAPA Auto Parts?  FAP?  Really?  Lol.  You can also see the historic train depot in the background.  A beautiful building.

Another view but now below the bridge.  Almost the same spot as the previous photo.  Notice the cool new train engine.  That is a new model not seen before in ATS.  It is also sporting some unique livery.  It seems the train company here is called American Lines.

There is another train yard that is smaller northwest of downtown.  I think that is what this Export/Rail yard is supposed to be.   A historic downtown landmark is seen in the background behind the trees though it's placement is suspect.  So we might have access to two rail yards in Cheyenne.

free pic upload

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #889 on: 2021-04-15 20:52:35 »

Yay! Another comparison with RL photos, like it was with Idaho a year ago ;D. I wonder, will Wyoming DLC be the next SCS’s DLC after Iberia, or there will be another tuning pack for ETS in May or June ;)?
The town grew around the success of it's railroad.
I think it’s pretty normal for settlements in low populated areas ;D.
The only thing I love more than a good truck is a good train!  One of my fav things is seeing the different regional trains in this game too.
And starting from 1.37, we also can hear them very well ;D.

P.S.
First!
« Last Edit: 2021-04-15 20:57:13 by timmelon » Logged
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #890 on: 2021-04-15 21:38:17 »

Awesome job!  Most posts in the Gaming board!!! Now we need to work on that view count too. lol
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #891 on: 2021-04-15 21:41:04 »

I love the side by side photos and the in-depth explanations of what you found @flemishcap!  Thank you.  It looks very cool.  The train station building is beautiful and lets give credit to SCS for how realistic they modelled everything.

WOOHOO!  Number one!
« Last Edit: 2021-04-15 21:42:11 by anyponedrawn » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #892 on: 2021-04-15 22:01:59 »

So the more and more I have driven Spain, the more and more I am impressed.  I love their roadway system more than any other modern roadway system in ETS2.  It's fast and nice.  Very modern.  Shockingly I am picking up vibes of ATS sometimes in Spain, whether it's the motorways or the town layouts. Take for instance this street below.  It reminds me of a modern American town main street.

I know this bull was posted before, but check it out.  It's watching you!!!  I took a lot of photos of it, it fascinated me, lol.

I love this DLC.  Never in a previous ETS2 DLC has there been this much detailed DETAIL everywhere!  Everywhere you look is fantastic and there is always something to see whether a farm, mountains, or forest.  I wash shocked to see these tree's in this small patch in northern spain.  You'd expect to see these types of tree's in a cool climate like ATS's Pacific Northwest in Washington or Oregon.  Not in warm Spain!!

I also learned Santandar has the ugliest and most boring skyline in the world.  Wow...

But then they got impressive skylines like this one belonging to the city of Benidorm!  Looks like a beautiful coastal city.

I found some unique police cars. I know they represent different law enforcement divisions.  I think the blue is a federal/national police force.  The green is a traffic division for the motorways...I think.

In Italy you may be lucky to find a rare Lamborghini or Ferrari, but in Spain... we have this striped Mazda CX-3 pretending to be a race car?  Why did SCS do this?  Lol.  I have never seen this striped car before in the game.

National passenger train carrier!

Cool train yard.

And now some beautiful scenery.  The team who made this excelled and made this the most interesting and varied scenery or the entire ETS2 game.  Spain is far more varied then I thought.  I always thought it was all warm and mediter in nature, but it's more varied than that.  I also like how a lot of the motorways are divided by flowers and plants.  Who maintains these thousands of miles of plants?

Check out all the varied lighting on this building.

I am loving this DLC and truly think it's the best DLC for ETS2 yet.  Check all my reasons above. :)  Happy driving.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-15 22:07:42 by anyponedrawn » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #893 on: 2021-04-16 15:04:24 »

@flemishcap Great photo comparisons!  Looks like they are doing their due diligence with Cheyenne.  I think you got the rail yard (the smaller) one correct.  I am trying to find that 'landmark' tower building.  I know it's in downtown but I can't find it for the life of me on Google Maps.

@anyponedrawn Love it!  I am getting a lot of the ATS vibes too with the new Spain sections of the map.  I haven't driven into Portugal quite yet.  But it seems like the SCS ETS2 division really stepped it up. It's a new bar that has been set for the ETS2 side of things.  They keep raising the bar which is good.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #894 on: 2021-04-17 15:59:17 »

Thank you!  I took a lot of time to get these pics too, lol!  So loving it.  I am knocking on the border of Portugal.  I will get in there eventually.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #895 on: 2021-04-17 16:06:35 »

I am loving the photos everyone!  Keep em' coming.  I might have to do it too.
Heathen
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #896 on: 2021-04-18 21:37:20 »

I completed the personal goal for the Cruising Iberia event a few days ago, and the community goal has also been reached. I don't care much for the paint job, but I love the plush lynx and bobble head.

Are these street sweepers new? I've been seeing them when I'm driving through the larger cities.

This has got to be the best expansion ever. I just keep finding cool stuff wherever I go and it's great. The only things that puts a damper on the fun are the idiot A.I. drivers, who like to drive into my truck whenever a lane ends instead of yielding, and this nightmarish feat of civil engineering. Seriously, what the hell is this? Doesn't this defeat the whole point of having a roundabout? It just causes traffic.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #897 on: 2021-04-18 22:07:00 »

I really hope soon there will be a patch with correction of this AI idiocy. Driving in another region for a few last days (well, I need to catch up the level, which is too low there ;D), I never met so much kamikaze drivers.

Also, I agree those roundabouts with traffic lights are just great! ;D Two or three stops when you just need to change the direction frustrate you even more than six stops before the traffic lights in Roswell or Coeur d'Alene.
Heathen
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #898 on: 2021-04-18 22:22:45 »

I'm also underleveled in ATS. Europe has more appeal to me than the western US, and with Iberia out it's the only place I want to drive. I have a video from a few years back from ATS where a car inexplicably decides to slam into the side of my trailer for absolutely no reason. No lane merging or other traffic, just the two of us on a long desert road. I'm not a game designer, but I feel like making the A.I. not drive into the player would be an easy fix to implement.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #899 on: 2021-04-18 22:54:14 »

Well, I have some experience in Softlab’s Hard Truck 2, where AI is absolutely nightmarish (they always knock down traffic lights near one of the bases and always collide after 10-15 seconds of driving on parallel lanes ;D. First SCS’s trucking game, which came out a year later, had much, much more safe environment), so SCS’s games are pretty well at that point.
As for ATS — sometimes I see how some vehicles switch lanes before me, but I always have time to stop, unlike my first rides in Iberia, when some cars behave as you described ;D.

Due to lack of mile-eating ferries (not counting the short one in Washington), the player level in ATS is usually a bit higher for me. And I remember my usual routine of returning from ETS to ATS in 2017-2018:

«— Hmm, there are more trucks, roads and cargoes in ETS, why should I play the American game?
(revs the W900’s engine a few times)
— Ohh, yeah. That’s why. ;D»
(so, I just realized why 579 was my least favorite vehicle ;D. W900 has a badass engine sound, 389 — a Pinstripe paintjob, which still makes me react like this even after I seen it a thousand of times ;D, T680 and Anthem are short and smooth, same with Cascadia, but the latter also has a nice engine brake sound and the most train-like horn. Lonestar has a unique style, VNL and 49X are brutal and angular. What feature 579 have? It’s just... normal)
« Last Edit: 2021-04-18 23:39:14 by timmelon » Logged
Pages: < 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 346 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024