PSF
News: How much it costs to run PSF.  CLICK HERE.  Site secured another 6 years.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 > Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 64911 times)
Heathen
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #870 on: 2021-04-08 17:24:29 »

I've been having a great time with Iberia! I bought it as soon as it launched and hauled ass from Berlin to Barcelona. Maybe I was a little too excited, because I managed to do this to my truck. http://imgur.com/a/wQ8I3JC

I love seeing the unique parts of the new cities. I wonder if their experience with ATS helped them with making the desert area.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-08 17:24:55 by Heathen » Logged
RainySunshine
Legendary Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #871 on: 2021-04-08 18:16:35 »

I bought it, installed it.  I cannot wait.  I have a ways to drive to get there though.  I like to make deliveries to different locations and I last left my truck in Naples, Italy.  So it will be a bit of a drive. :D

@Heathen Ouch!  That was a hard hit, lol.

@timmelon I enjoy your review and photos!  I can't wait to see some brown landscape, lol.
Silverwing
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #872 on: 2021-04-08 23:00:36 »

Iberia Trucking Event!

With a new release for ETS2, also comes a new trucking event (you can win a cute stuffed animal buddy for your truck.  Click here to see how.

« Last Edit: 2021-04-08 23:00:50 by Silverwing » Logged
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #873 on: 2021-04-09 00:41:05 »

Lol!  I will get it this weekend. :D

I am not the biggest fan of how ETS2 developers make some of the cities very uneasy to navigate.  One of my least favorite in terms of how it's laid out was Istanbul.  In some sections, to simply cross the road, you had to go way out of your way, under motorways, and come up the other side.  It wasn't very intuitive.

@timmelon I was surprised to find out you've been a member here since 2016!  I honestly thought you've been here a much shorter time.  I only remember seeing you on here for about a year!  Anyways, I really enjoy seeing your posts.  They are always a lot of fun.  I saw that Iron Maiden joke in there. ;)
« Last Edit: 2021-04-09 00:42:49 by flemishcap » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #874 on: 2021-04-09 13:10:59 »

Am I the only one who finds most of the special paint schemes hideous?  Lol.  Luckily they had a bundle for the Portugal and Spain paint schemes with the Iberia DLC for $1 dollar more USD.
timmelon

Email
« Reply #875 on: 2021-04-09 13:22:22 »

I like to make deliveries to different locations and I last left my truck in Naples, Italy.  So it will be a bit of a drive. :D
I had a full garage in Istanbul and enough money to buy one more somewhere at S/E corner of new map part. Then, after I installed the update, I found out I can’t buy garage online if I don’t own at least three of them ;D (I totally forgot about it). So, my choice was to take a quick job from Toulouse to Sevilla and buy a garage there ;D.
I can't wait to see some brown landscape, lol.
Sometimes there is a lot of it:

Looks like they just finished the harvesting there. But, if you proceed more to the north, you finally can see more familiar landscape:

I honestly thought you've been here a much shorter time.  I only remember seeing you on here for about a year!
Well, I have registered on PSF shortly after it moved here (and only because the registration was needed for seeing the art — I remember the times when Silverwing with his eye-catching Ariel avatar ;D posted new pictures every week), but I usually never post on any forum, I just read them, and that’s all. Only a mysterious (for me) lack of even a single mention of Soviet cartoons on certain Youtube channels have become a trigger to make my first topic here.

Back to the topic, I see some Spanish guys love to build really big depots. Look, Trameri and Voltison, how real trucking base looks ;D:

And this is only one side. The other gives your cargo at the elevated loading dock with ramps. Really cute ^-^.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-09 13:25:58 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
Legendary Member

WWW Email
« Reply #876 on: 2021-04-09 13:32:28 »

WOW! I love the photos of those new rucking depots!  I hope they are functional for the player!  Looks awesome.

Really everything about Iberia I've seen so far looks great and leaps and bounds ahead of what they've done elsewhere.

Nice you finally decided to join, Tim.  I guess Darrin and Smiles idea to lock artwork did mean more people would join/comment. :D 
Heathen
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #877 on: 2021-04-09 19:04:20 »

Am I the only one who finds most of the special paint schemes hideous?  Lol.  Luckily they had a bundle for the Portugal and Spain paint schemes with the Iberia DLC for $1 dollar more USD.
Yeah I'm not a fan of them either, the only ones I have are ones I got in bundles with the map expansions.
Really everything about Iberia I've seen so far looks great and leaps and bounds ahead of what they've done elsewhere.
It really is a great improvement over their past work, and I'm very excited for future expansions.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #878 on: 2021-04-09 22:56:57 »

Iberia has been great so far.  I noticed some interesting things that maybe you can explain or enjoy like me.  I've so far drove in through France into Barcelona.  The mountain drive there was beautiful and I noticed something I never noticed before.  Is this new to the game in the new skybox/weather effects?  In the mountains coming through there was clouds not just in the skybox but moving in the foreground and it added so much realism and immersion!  I hope this is implemented in other mountain areas or around the game.  Sort of like looking at rain from a distance.  Here is the clouds before... has the game always had this or is this part of the new features?  It looks great.

There is a light fading the further away the scenery goes in this shot.

Then I noticed this, as soon as you cross the border crossing into Spain from France (the eastern border) right beneath the highway is a soccer field.  You will see a white ball... and even weirder, a horse playing with the ball by itself...  Someone as SCS had some fun with this.

I noticed a weird bug in Barcelona.  Down an industrial street, there were random street traffic vehicles parked in the middle of the road, not moving, with no drivers inside.  It was kind of erie...  No one is in the trucks in the photo below.

The photo below also shows an abandoned car with no driver.  I also noticed that SCS red-edited a lot of their NPC traffic cars again further changing their designs to look less like their real car counterparts. 

And lastly, am I the only person who also enjoys taking pictures of scenery, cities, and random things in these SCS games?  I take pictures of police cars and trains for example too, lol.  Anyone else take pics of things?

Heathen
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #879 on: 2021-04-09 23:53:40 »

Nice pictures! I think the clouds are a new thing, the skyboxes definitely are, as they needed to update them. The field with the horse is something I'll have to look at myself since I missed it. I also like taking pictures of neat things I notice while I'm driving, and I've been doing that a lot in Iberia. Such as this floating pylon outside of León, or this ominous bull thing silhouetted against the night sky. My favorite was seeing this little photo shoot on the side of the road.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #880 on: 2021-04-10 00:07:05 »

The floating pylon is a Spanish legend!  Apparently it's true!  j/k ;)

That bull shape in the background is creepy in that lighting.  There is an equally scary bull at the Denver Airport in ATS.  It is had red eyes that glow at night and it's very unnerving.

That man in the photoshoot is having nothing to do with it, lol!
timmelon

Email
« Reply #881 on: 2021-04-10 12:43:59 »

So, although Spain allows to use double trailers and have large bases for them, not every entrance is convenient to drive in and out of there ;D.

Romania has a nice-looking power station, and Spain — a pretty big chemical plant ;D.

Also, I have some impression that Portugalian highways are located in more populated areas than Spanish ones, and some views there are similar to France’s south. Also, I love that cloudy effects at some mountains and near that bridge in Lisboa:

UPD: so, that was fast ;D. Unlike exploring the Colorado DLC, in past three days I left the new part of a map only two times — and both of them were to Bayonne and back. If honest, this region is so good for trucking, so all my next garages will be bought here. Baltic, Romania and Colorado have some places which are great for looking at them, but not always great for driving there (and taking a normal short trailer is not a solution for me ;D). Iberia (plus improved graphic engine) gives us both nice scenery and fast highways (I love that barrierless toll gates). And lot of marked towns — discovering of all of them will definitely take some time. I believe some correction patches will be made soon, because in addition to that flying pylon there were some ghost pillars and fences — it’s nice when you collide with them without actual collision :D, but it’s still a thing which need correction. Also, some road events when there is a standing vehicle in the middle of the road were encountered by me too much times. It looked really weird.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-11 13:29:44 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #882 on: 2021-04-11 16:14:17 »

I must say, Spain has been great for trucking.  I truly wouldn't ever have to leave.  It's huge!  I can't believe they made 49 cities/towns in this update. Truly, this is similar is size to a massive chunk of the old ETS2 map and the roads and highways are great.  I will say they seem to over infrastructure some of their roads, winding and weaving far longer than they need too.  That and the tolls are my main dislike.  But the views and scenery is diverse and varied.  It's a lovely country and it feels the most like an ATS map than any map update so far.  They really built out the cities and made them sprawl out more, which is great in terms of realism.

I am surprised how many cities they stuffed into this map.  I am truly shocked and it doesn't seem too crammed for space.  I get feelings of long stretches of road with this DLC and it really feels like the open road in ATS.  I love that feeling.  Spain might very well be the best DLC yet for ETS2.    Great experiences so far.

It seems most of us have experienced "ghost cars" in which a normal NPC car is parking in the middle of the road with no one it. I've experienced this a few times already.

As for the fog people see in mountains, there is one other place I can think of seeing that in the old map.  I think it is Rostok in the harbor... but there is one seaport in the old map that has that fog implementation in it. 
« Last Edit: 2021-04-11 16:16:54 by MasterXtreme » Logged
RainySunshine
Legendary Member

WWW Email
« Reply #883 on: 2021-04-12 17:39:48 »

Nice photos everyone.  I also didn't see that horse playing soccer, but I did notice the clouds in the mountains.  Did we all enter Spain the same way?  Did anyone take the route into Catalonia or did we all drive in towards Barcelona?

Anyone take a ferry from Italy? :D
timmelon

Email
« Reply #884 on: 2021-04-14 09:20:16 »

So, they want us to help our elder brothers — trains. I hope it means there will be more cargoes for flatbed ;D.
Pages: < 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 > Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2021