PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Story Driven Shows 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story Driven Shows  (Read 1385 times)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-03-19 11:39:09 »

Anyone noticed how we have been getting multiple cartoon shows these days that are story and lore driven with character development arcs being thrown in?
HyperMetalSonic
Rookie

Insert Personal Text Here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-03-19 13:41:19 »

Yeah, is... that a bad thing?
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-03-19 15:26:12 »

^ Must be, since she keeps deleting and reposting this topic every day.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
HyperMetalSonic
Rookie

Insert Personal Text Here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-03-19 15:42:15 »

I mean, just because cartoons are made for kids doesn't mean they can't have well-developed characters and worlds...
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-03-19 15:56:04 »

I can't believe people actually responded to this topic.  It's literally a repeat of all her other topics... I thought it was understood to just ignore and move on.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-03-19 16:54:27 »

I was trying to bring up this topic to see if anyone is aware and has anything to say about how we have multiple depth shows these days as they have been story and/or lore driven.
« Last Edit: 2023-03-19 16:55:34 by DEEcat98 » Logged
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-03-20 16:58:05 »

How come I don’t see many people being interested in talking about depth in shows and movies, even when I bring them up and especially if they want to see depth, lore, character development, world building, and backstories in shows and movie franchises? I mean, doesn’t depth always improve anything and gets more people interested?

Not every show is the same.  Not every show is MLP.

One show I know didn't became like MLP was Harvey Girls Forever! (formally called Harvey Street Kids during it's first Season from 2018), instead it stayed as a fun goofy show along with most of the characters not getting character development, despite that some of the earlier episodes of the show were hinting character development on some of the characters.

Hopefully Mitchells vs. The Machines will become depth driven if it gets more content such as if it were to get a show follow up in the vein of how Tangled and Big Hero 6 got follow up shows, and it should later focus more on it's depth such as getting a chance to know more about the characters.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-04-21 15:34:39 »

^ Must be, since she keeps deleting and reposting this topic every day.

Don’t you guys usually like it when a series goes from light hearted to deeper with world building and character development?
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-04-21 18:22:01 »

Not necessarily. I don't want everything I watch to have deeper meaning.  Sometimes you just sit back to unwind and enjoy something without putting any thought into it.  Not everything needs a winding storyline with deep, multi-faceted characters.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-05-08 21:13:10 »

Not necessarily. I don't want everything I watch to have deeper meaning.  Sometimes you just sit back to unwind and enjoy something without putting any thought into it.  Not everything needs a winding storyline with deep, multi-faceted characters.
Well you know MLP does winding storyline with deep, multi-faceted characters? Plus MLP along with Adventure Time lead to many modern cartoon shows later getting depth, I mean, does it help improve them?
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-05-10 15:41:42 »

Why does no one want to talk about this subject? Don’t any of you usually like depth and overarching narrative arcs in shows?
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-05-10 19:30:51 »

It is because you ask the same variation of questions over and over and it always leads to one of three things; Harvey Street Kids, Mitchells vs Machines, or Total Drama.  Every time. No matter how people answer, you then add another variation of your question and it is a ever-winding, always weaving string of questions that never ends until you bring up one of your big three; Harvey Street Kids, Mitchells vs Machines, or Total Drama.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-05-17 07:47:42 »

It’s about if some media should later focus on lore, depth, character development, backstories, and world building. I mean, does every series and franchise need lore, depth, character development, backstories, and world building?
electricferret
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-05-17 12:22:15 »

We understood the question. The answer is no, noone cares about this discussion anymore. Please stop.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2023-05-17 13:23:27 »

You know that MLP has lore, depth, and character development? And did any of you liked it when MLP focused more on its depth? Also, don’t you guys on here usually like depth and story driven shows?
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Story Driven Shows « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024