PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion  (Read 69436 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #210 on: 2021-06-04 13:19:58 »

It is just now becoming news, but took place in 2017... 

'Drake and Josh' star charged with crimes against a child

Article

Jared Drake Bell, known for his role as Drake in the hit Nickelodeon television show "Drake and Josh" was charged Friday with crimes against a child.

According to arrest reports obtained by Sinclair Broadcast Group, the 34-year-old musician is charged with attempted endangerment of children and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles. He pleaded not guilty on Thursday and was released on a $2,500 bond, according to court records.

Bell was also ordered to submit a DNA sample in the case.

Cuyahoga County Court records show the alleged crime took place on Dec. 1, 2017.

More info...

Article

According to Fox 8 in Cleveland, Bell allegedly engaged in an inappropriate chat with a minor that “at times, was sexual in nature.”

The alleged incident reportedly happened on Dec. 1, 2017, the same day Bell was scheduled to perform at Cleveland club The Odeon. However, Bell was not indicted until last month, and he is due back in court on June 23.

Bell’s mugshot taken at Cuyahoga County Jail is dated Thursday, June 3, just before 3 p.m. He was asked to submit DNA, a standard practice in Ohio.

In 2015, Bell was arrested for a DUI with a bail set at $20,000. In that case, he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor and spent four days in jail.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-04 13:20:31 by RainySunshine » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #211 on: 2021-06-04 14:13:13 »

Oh for gods sake more of this? Who’s gonna be next in the list of Star scandals?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #212 on: 2021-06-04 17:59:33 »

I wonder what he actually did?  None of the articles say what he did. Just that he was involved in something that seems to be mostly DUI related.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #213 on: 2021-06-04 18:25:35 »

I wonder what he actually did?  None of the articles say what he did. Just that he was involved in something that seems to be mostly DUI related.

This is what I could find about Drake Bell's incident here.  He also now goes by the name Drake Campana, and has launched a music career.

"According to prosecutors, the charges stem from an incident at a concert in Cleveland on Dec. 1, 2017. Mr. Bell, who also goes by Drake Campana, had tweeted that he had a show scheduled at the Odeon Concert Club there on that date.

Prosecutors said that Mr. Bell engaged in a conversation with a 15-year-old girl that was at times sexual in nature. An investigation by the Cleveland Police Department also revealed that Mr. Bell had sent the girl inappropriate social media messages in the months before the show, the prosecutors said.

According to prosecutors, Mr. Bell “violated his duty of care” at the concert and, “in doing so, created a risk of harm to the victim.” A spokesman for the prosecutor’s office, Tyler Sinclair, did not say why Mr. Bell had only just now been indicted.

In a brief statement on Friday, Ian N. Friedman, a lawyer representing Mr. Bell, declined to address specific questions. “All facts will be revealed in the courtroom,” he said.

The felony child endangerment charge carries a sentence of up to 18 months in prison, with a minimum sentence of six months, and up to a $5,000 fine. The second charge, a misdemeanor, is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
"
« Last Edit: 2021-06-04 18:25:55 by Silverwing » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #214 on: 2021-06-05 18:39:13 »

Who else remembers this show? :D

Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #215 on: 2021-06-06 00:29:44 »

I haven't thought of that show in a very long time.  It does bring back memories though.  I had no idea Baker did the voice of the temple and I wonder what happened to the original host? 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #216 on: 2021-06-06 15:10:58 »

Legend of the hidden temple!  It's been awhile for sure.  I only watched it a little bit as a kid.  Haven't seen it sense.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #217 on: 2021-06-07 18:16:09 »

Oh no... what did Drake Bell do that for?  I hope he didn't do anything super stupid with a minor.  It would be so disappointing to see another fall.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #218 on: 2021-06-07 18:18:42 »

I found this info too.  It doesn't appear to be too good. :(

Article / FOX NEWS

Drake Bell's ex-girlfriend breaks silence on his arrest after accusing him of abuse in 2020

Drake Bell’s ex-girlfriend spoke out after the actor and musician was arrested and charged with crimes against children.

Bell, 34, was arrested in Cleveland and has been charged with attempted endangering children and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, online records viewed by Fox News confirm. His ex, Melissa Lingafelt, previously accused the actor of physical and verbal abuse as well as having a preference for underage girls in 2020.

Bell denied the allegations in a statement to Variety at the time.

After news broke that Bell had been arrested on charges related to children, Lingafelt took to Tiktok for a bit of an "I told you so."

"gonn’ act like I didn’t tell you guys. Too bad him having a kid to clean up his image aint work," she captioned a video of herself smirking over Google search results showing the myriad of headlines regarding Bell’s recent arrest.

Fox 8 in Cleveland has learned that Bell allegedly engaged in an inappropriate chat with a victim that "at times, was sexual in nature.

"All facts will be revealed in a courtroom," Bell’s attorney Ian Friedman said Friday, declining to comment further.

It's unclear when the child star was arrested but a mug shot obtained by Fox News shows Bell was taken to the Cuyahoga County Jail and was released on a $2,500 bond on Thursday. Fox 8 reports he has agreed to have no contact with the alleged victim upon his release.

In August, Lingafelt, a singer and actress, posted a lengthy video on TikTok under her stage name Jimi Ono, detailing the alleged assault during their relationship from August 2006 to February 2009. Bell said he "never abused my ex-girlfriend or did so many of the other things Melissa falsely claimed on her TikTok video."

The "Drake & Josh" alum continued: "As our relationship ended — more than a decade ago — we, unfortunately, both called each other terrible names, as often happens when couples are breaking up. But that is it."

In 2015, he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in California.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #219 on: 2021-06-08 05:59:58 »

Legends of the Hidden Temple?  Meh, I was more of a Nick Arcade man myself.

Okay--not rape, not sexual assault, just the vague "crimes against children" and a "preference" for younger women.  They have Bell's texts, apparently, as evidence. See, his only crime is, as far as I can see, he's stupid.  In my day it was all done by telephone. None of your "social media". No paper trail. We need to go back to that.  "A conversation with a 15-year-old girl that was at times sexual in nature". Pfft. I did far worse when I was young.  You wanna hear some of the things I used to say to this pretty young thing I was seeing over the phone back in college..?

THE COLLECTIVE VOICES OF THE PSF FORUM RAISED IN A SCREAM:
 NooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo-o!!

...All right, then.    :)

Sorry, but it really doesn't sound like they have a lot against Bell... and, last I checked, domestic abuse doesn't fall under the purview of #MeToo.  They tried this already with Jim Cummings .  This movement is virulent enough on its own--no one needs it being used by an angry ex as a cudgel to attack their livelihood just because they're a lousy partner at home.  This "Melissa Lingafelt" sounds like a smug little bitch and a pure-d ball-breaker.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #220 on: 2021-06-08 15:45:42 »

Thank you for answering your own question for us. ;D
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #221 on: 2021-06-09 14:08:09 »

They have now revealed the opening theme intro to the new iCarly show.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #222 on: 2021-06-09 16:56:35 »

Yeesh, Miranda Cosgrove's cute little Barbie-doll face has not aged well.  I dunno, it's like her skin has got a weird stretched plasticky quality to it.  Co-star Jerry Trainor, on the other hand, doesn't look a day older.

Hey, here's a funny little Histeria!/LotHT mashup I found, featuring historical power couple Attila and The Hun!

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #223 on: 2021-06-09 17:10:56 »

I think they both look the same (Trainer and Cosgrove).  The little Kress guy looks bad with that facial hair. 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #224 on: 2021-07-09 16:02:37 »

The Patrick Star show releases on July 9, today.

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024