PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion  (Read 38796 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: 2020-02-06 18:00:57 »

So I had time and watched what is so far the show, "Owl House."  I can sum it up very easily.  It is exceedingly average and exceedingly okay.  It has promise, but as of now, it's nothing new.  It's just a rehash of what Disney has presented before in a new shiny package.  It's Gravity Falls and Star vs the Forces of Evil combined into one thing.  Animation is nice, but there really isn't much to this show.  In some aspects it's cringey how much it's goes out of it's way to promote, "being weird is okay."  That's fine, okay... I get it. 

It's the same thing we've seen before in a new package and nothing more so far.

Thanks for your little write up.  Hopefully it can do something to set itself a part.  I haven't seen it.  Based off the name too, they are clearly trying to draw in viewers of Nickelodeon's hit show, "The Loud House."
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: 2020-02-07 12:51:31 »

Yeah, I’ve found the setting and storytelling kinda boring. I think, for me, the “anything goes magical world where the inhabitants are just whatever” is getting old. 'Feels like I've seen a dozen of these in just the last couple years.
Eda’s design is stellar, though. 11/10. I love her. Also most episodes have had a fight scene – that’s pretty fun for a cartoon like this.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #107 on: 2020-02-07 14:20:48 »

I have yet to see it, but just from what has been said it seems very samey.  I will watch it eventually.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: 2020-02-23 21:36:29 »

Phineas and Ferb Movie Set for 2020.  Candace Against the Universe.

Article

Five years after summer ended for “Phineas and Ferb,” the show returns with a new movie on Disney Plus in 2020, new details of which were revealed on Friday at the D23 fan convention.

In “Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe,” currently in production for the new streaming service, stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb travel across the galaxy to rescue their suster Candace, “who has been abducted by aliens and has found utopia in a far-off planet, free of pesky little brothers.”

“Phineas and Ferb” creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh are back as executive producers on the movie, while also reprising their roles are Ashley Tisdale as Candace Flynn; Vincent Martella as Phineas Flynn; Caroline Rhea as their mom, Linda; Dee Bradley Baker as Perry the Platypus; Alyson Stoner as Isabella; Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet; Bobby Gaylor as Buford; Olivia Olson as Vanessa; Tyler Mann as Carl; and Povenmire and Marsh as Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz and Major Monogram, respectively. David Errigo Jr. joins the cast as Ferb Fletcher.

This represents the second “Phineas and Ferb” movie, following 2011’s “Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.” More recently, most of the characters have been seen via crossovers with Povenmire’s and Marsh’s follow-up Disney series, “Milo Murphy’s Law.”

During its original run, “Phineas and Ferb” ran from 2007 to 2015, for approximately 126 episodes, as well as seven one-hour specials in addition to the movie. The show ended its original run with Candace essentially saving the day after a Dr. Doofenshmirtz invention threatened to repeat the day over and over in a loop, in an homage to “Groundhog Day.” It’s also not the first time Candace has spent time in space, as the gang spent the series run (which took place over one summer) building a rollercoaster, traveling to outer space, playing with time travel, discovering the lost city of Atlantis, opening the hippest restaurant in the Tri-State area and saving the world with the help of Marvel superheroes.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-23 21:37:26 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #109 on: 2020-02-25 17:28:23 »

Disney CEO Bob Iger steps down, Bob Chapek named new head of Walt Disney Co.

Article

The Walt Disney Co. has named Bob Chapek CEO, replacing Bob Iger, effective immediately.

The surprise announcement Tuesday makes Iger executive chairman. He will direct the company's "creative endeavors, while leading the Board and providing the full benefit of his experience, leadership and guidance to ensure a smooth and successful transition through the end of his contract," according to a press release announcing the leadership change. 

Chapek was most recently chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Prior to that he was chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts since 2015.

Iger will remain executive chairman through the end of his contract Dec. 31, 2021.

“With the successful launch of Disney’s direct-to-consumer businesses and the integration of Twenty-First Century Fox well underway, I believe this is the optimal time to transition to a new CEO,” Iger said in Tuesday's announcement.

"I have the utmost confidence in Bob and look forward to working closely with him over the next 22 months as he assumes this new role and delves deeper into Disney’s multifaceted global businesses and operations, while I continue to focus on the Company’s creative endeavors,” he added

Iger became CEO of Disney in 2005, succeeding longtime chief Michael Eisner. He steered Disney through successful acquisitions of Lucasfilms, Marvel, Pixar and other brands that became big moneymakers for Disney.

Chapek will be just the seventh CEO in Disney's nearly 100-year history.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: 2020-08-03 17:04:55 »

So this is a thing?

First Look | Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2020-08-03 18:05:57 »

I thought Phineas and Ferb was done like....years ago

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: 2020-08-03 18:35:34 »

I thought so too.  So they made some special?  Thats nice.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2020-08-03 18:53:06 »

Whaaaaaaaaaat?  I haven't paid attention to Disney in a long time.  I liked PnF a lot.  So good for them. :)  I will probably watch it someday.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #114 on: 2020-08-04 19:08:12 »

Yeah, they've been talking about it for a few months now. :)  I hope it is good.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: 2020-08-04 23:38:56 »

Watching that and it's just like the show used to be. :)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #116 on: 2020-12-02 16:06:05 »

This didn't last too long, but I think it was somewhat successful?

DUCKTALES Reboot Is Ending After Season 3

Sad news to report for fans of Disney’s DuckTales reboot. According to a report from Collider, later confirmed by Entertainment Weekly, the critically acclaimed update of the wacky adventures of the citizens of Duckburg is coming to an end. They’ll wrap after the currently running third season. The show premiered on Disney XD in 2017 before moving to the Disney Channel in 2018. It has so far has aired 44 episodes. Several more episodes remain for airing before the series calls it a day.

In an official statement, representatives from Disney said “The talented creative team, led by Matt Youngberg and Francisco Angones, have delivered exceptional storytelling with uniquely reimagined characters for three seasons of 75 episodes and more than 15 shorts. While physical production has wrapped, DuckTales continues to be available daily on Disney Channels and Disney+ around the world and fans will get an epic season finale in 2021.”

Article
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #117 on: 2020-12-02 18:41:04 »

That was fast. 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #118 on: 2020-12-02 18:42:26 »

Well not all good shows last long. Gravity Falls lasted only 2 seasons and that was a great Story. Star Vs The Forces Of Evil went for 4. Though some say the last season was crap.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #119 on: 2020-12-02 18:43:26 »

Disney is kind of all over the place with their animated properties.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024