PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Paramount Animation Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paramount Animation Discussion  (Read 3947 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2023-02-10 09:10:07 »

They should probably rethink that title "Jersey Crabs".  People might come away thinking it's more for the--er--adult set.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2023-11-09 23:50:30 »

Here is a movie made to die.  "Under The Boardwalk" released it's trailer then released it to theaters literally three days later with no other promotion.  They did NOT want people to even know this film was out and it's going to die whether it is good or not.  Original ideas meant to die according to the big studios in Hollywood. It released October 27, 2023. It was previously scheduled for release on July 22, 2022, but in January 2022, it was removed from the release schedule with Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank (another terrible movie they wanted people to not see) taking the date.

Because it was meant to die, no major critics have reviewed it. No money figures have been revealed.

Wikipedia Page

Synopsis: "Under the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore, a land crab townie falls in love with a sea crab tourist, but tensions between their friends and families rise. When a storm casts the duo far from home, their love will lead them on an adventure."

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: 2024-03-06 12:32:24 »

Haven't heard of a thing about that movie since its release.

They had another film called, "The Tiger's Apprentice" release on February 2, 2024.  Didn't see a single add of anything.

Who are they making these movies to if no one has heard of them or seen them?
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2024-03-07 09:08:35 »

Perhaps the royalties for the song "Under the Boardwalk" were so cheap they said, "Hey, let's build a while movie around it"? Maybe it'd have worked as an eight-minute cartoon, but a fully-animated film...?  Jim Cummings--hey, nice to see you're still getting work post-#MeToo. If worse comes to worse, maybe rethink your take on "Blood and Honey"--I bet they'd love to have you on board for the sequel, buddy.

I've seen a few ads for "The Tiger's Apprentice". Feh, doesn't look like any great shakes.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2024-03-07 12:23:41 »

It's because all these films go to Paramount+ which I makes me class them as not really films in the traditional sense.  They might have the length, but they aren't making them any more either.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2024-03-08 12:26:40 »

It's because all these films go to Paramount+ which I makes me class them as not really films in the traditional sense.  They might have the length, but they aren't making them any more either.

Exactly right.  Hence why we get no to few critic reviews and no money totals in earnings.  So these are glorified 'direct to video' films, but with higher quality animation.  They are meant to draw people into the streaming service, yet they don't advertise them. Go figure.

The only one I saw ads for were for Luck and this Tiger's Apprentice one.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2024-03-08 18:42:11 »

Advertisements are expensive and take effort but to me they are worth having. A product can't sell well or even be looked at if there is not an initial reason or sight to draw people into what the product is.

Streaming services are like double edge swords to me. I understand why they exist and the advantages they can have over cable and movie theaters but the overall value of individual films are dropping because of streaming services.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2024-03-09 16:26:18 »

Short answer:

Theatrical films go to die on streaming services. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2024-03-12 11:56:20 »

So, if I understand correctly, there's Paramount and Paramount+.  The latter has a wide variety of shows from animated movies to both new cartoons and classic nineties library--Big Nate, The Tiny Chef Show, Beavis and Butthead, SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly OddParents , South Park, and every iteration of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, even that live-action turd made by the people behind Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The regular Paramount has...um...all three Hangover films, infomercials, Two and a Half Men reruns, and Saturday-long marathons of Bar Rescue. That's it.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2024-03-12 12:30:02 »

So, if I understand correctly, there's Paramount and Paramount+.  The latter has a wide variety of shows from animated movies to both new cartoons and classic nineties library--Big Nate, The Tiny Chef Show, Beavis and Butthead, SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly OddParents , South Park, and every iteration of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, even that live-action turd made by the people behind Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The regular Paramount has...um...all three Hangover films, infomercials, Two and a Half Men reruns, and Saturday-long marathons of Bar Rescue. That's it.

I'm going to take your assessment as truth, but I truly do not know.  I don't fall into the streaming service trap.  It's no different than cable was years ago and will keep shifting to look more like cable in the future.

Isn't Jack Reacher an Amazon Prime show?
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2024-03-12 12:40:49 »

To make it more confusing.  It is produced by Paramount Television and premiers on Amazon Prime TV.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2024-03-12 23:59:00 »

To make it more confusing.  It is produced by Paramount Television and premiers on Amazon Prime TV.

[think]
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2024-03-14 13:03:12 »

Maybe Paramount gets the syndication rights, and the new episodes run first on AppleTV? There's only sixteen episodes, all told, but maybe the magic syndie number is no longer 65 in this brave new age of streaming.

So in the course of my research, I learned that Paramount+ has a new animated reboot of the comedian's semi-autobiographical 2005 UPN sitcom Everybody Hates Chris in the works. And all I can say is... [bleep] it, those [bleep-bleep]ing [bleep]wipes stole my [bleep]ing idea. Aw, those [bleep] [bleep]es. [bleep] 'em.

See, about a year ago I wrote a comic script about a "lost" ECH episode. On the last page there's a tag about Chris Rock (his back is to the "camera" a la "Steinbrenner" on Seinfeld, but it's obvious who it's supposed to be) talking to his agent about doing a ECH spinoff called "Everybody Hates Chris: The College Years". At the time it was supposed to be a joke...I'm scared to make jokes now because they might come true, dammit.   :-0   I should be asking for a cut of any royalties on this...unless, you know, it sucks major ass....  <poop>   :nervoussmile:
« Last Edit: 2024-03-14 13:03:34 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2024-03-14 23:54:22 »

See, about a year ago I wrote a comic script about a "lost" ECH episode.

Where can one find your current episodes?
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2024-03-15 23:40:02 »

I'm down to see new episodes.
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Paramount Animation Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024