PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions  (Read 24430 times)
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: 2023-01-13 17:18:00 »

Velma has got their first official trailer.  It is for HBO Max.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: 2023-01-14 17:24:03 »

Velma has got their first official trailer.  It is for HBO Max.

LOL!  It's getting skewered!  Absolute hatred.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #107 on: 2023-01-15 03:55:20 »

Yeah, do a Scooby-Doo cartoon without Scooby-Doo. It'd be like doing a Batman project without Batma-- no wait, the [bleep]s tried that, too.  A few times, it seemed.   :-X

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: 2023-01-15 10:23:31 »

Why didn't they just use their own original characters and make this show instead of taking classic characters and completely changing them?

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: 2023-01-15 11:48:39 »

It's probably easier to revamp and sell an existing property to a network than create a new one from scratch.  That said, why remake such a well-known and loved show?  Don't Goober and the Ghost Chasers need work?  Or the "Rickety Racists"--erhm, uh, I mean "Rocket"--gang?

TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: 2023-01-15 13:26:59 »

It is being slammed so much, I saw it on the national news this morning.  Haha!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2023-02-01 16:14:09 »

KING OF THE HILL REVIVAL IS OFFICIALLY HAPPENING!  ORIGINAL STAFF AND CAST RETURNING...

Article

Hank Hill and America's favorite Arlen, Texas, community are set to return to the small screen.

Streaming giant Hulu announced a revival of King of the Hill and revealed that original cast members and co-creators Mike Judge and Greg Daniels are involved in the project, according to a report.

The show follows Hank Hill as he sells propane and its accessories while navigating a changing world with wild friends and a son, Bobby, who does little to make life easier.

Lead character Hank Hill will be voiced by Judge, Kathy Najimy will voice Peggy, Stephen Root will return to his role as Bill, Pamela Aldon will voice Bobby Hill, Johnny Hardwick will return as Dale, and Lauren Tom will voice Minh.

A revival of King of the Hill has been in development since the 2017 San Francisco Sketchfest, according to the report.

It was there that the co-creators reunited with the show's original cast.

"We are all so excited to welcome back Hank, Peggy, and Bobby, and to see what they have to say about the world we live in and continue the conversations we began years ago," Craig Erwich, president of ABC Entertainment, Hulu, and Disney Branded Televisions said in a statement.

"This show has all of the perfect ingredients to meet this moment in animation at Hulu, and we’re so thankful to be having those conversations alongside this talented group."

Saladin Patterson, perhaps best known for his work on The Wonder Years, was announced as the revived King of the Hill's showrunner and executive producer, according to a report.

During its initial run, King of the Hill ran for 13 seasons during its Emmy-winning stretch from 1997 to 2010. The series was among the assets included when Fox sold its TV studio, 20th Television, to Disney a few years ago. With Disney controlling the rights to the series, Hulu became a natural home for the show as the streamer remains a destination for adult-focused animated fare including repeats of King of the Hill and Family Guy. Hulu is also the home of the forthcoming Futurama revival.

Daniels and Judge’s recently launched animation banner Bandera Entertainment is also attached to exec produce the new King of the Hill alongside company president Dustin Davis. Original producers 3 Arts and the company’s Michael Rottenberg and Howard Klein will also exec produce.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-01 16:18:30 by MasterXtreme » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: 2023-02-02 06:40:32 »

So has anyone caught this new Netflix limited series Gunther's Millions?

I naturally went into this show expecting something quite different: a dog who inherits his late mistress' vast fortune, and despite all odds, the pooch makes good--an enjoyable, fun, seven-minute-cartoon-idea-stretched-over-three-hours romp, right? It's not. It's like two parts a Hanna-Barbera cartoon in hell-- complete with kicky musical numbers by five attractive, colorfully-dressed and semi-talented young twenty-somethings in a pop band named after their team pet-- one part bizarre sex cult, one part Jungian-Watsonian psychological experiment, and one part intricate money-laundering scheme. I'm halfway in and, honestly, I'm a little scared:-]   There's more shady characters, secret agendas, and vile hangers-on around that moneyed mutt than The Tiger King. I'm still not sure it's not all a big joke, like it's not real, just one big Spinal Tap-esque mockumentary or The Harrad Experiment, but with a German Shepherd.  I'm actually rooting for the dog to lose it and bite somebody in the butt at this point.  Hm--maybe that's why there's been five or six Gunthers over two decades: there's got to be one they don't talk about, 'cause he got put to sleep for mauling a kid, or something.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2023-02-02 14:26:21 »

You think things are bad on television, streaming is even worse.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: 2023-02-02 16:26:32 »

Between the programming and the new scandals that seem to break daily, I almost wonder if I was better off in the ObamaCable era, with just three channels to choose from.  ::)  I also caught ep. one of that new Fresh Prince reboot on PeaBrain--er, I mean Peacock--the other night, and every time one of those urban thugs said the f-word, I could hear the creamy flatulent noise of Hollywood defecating on my happy memories of youth.  [nomnom]

... I mean, c'mon, Roiland, you pulled a Kricfalusi?  Even if it all turns out to be a setup--and I really wouldn't put it past the people in power to do such a thing to someone they've been looking to get rid of for a while-- this'll be a tough thing to come back from.

Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #115 on: 2023-02-06 15:58:15 »

Streaming is just as bad as cable.  They cancel shows before they have anytime to develop.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: 2023-02-13 09:15:33 »

Well, I did find a couple of shows I actually liked:

"It's Bruno!" is a cute comedy in brisk 12-15 min installments about a man and his beloved dog who cruise the "ruff" streets. On the way around lower-class Brooklyn they deal with such annoyances and threats as  bothersome neighbors, folks who always want to either insult Malcolm or, even more annoying, pet Bruno without permission; a vain, snobbish media influencer and his equally-as-stuck-up pooch, the entrepreneurial, gregarious neighborhood crackhead who sells goods from his shopping cart, the price-gouging local bodega owner who has a vicious hate-on for Malcolm, a friend's Boston terrier who is a relentless leg-humper, the snotty hipster who lets his Italian greyhound drop deuces about with reckless abandon, a father-and-son team of dog-nappers, a psychotic stalker who abducts and collects her ex-lover's pets like trophies, an unscrupulous adman who markets Bruno as the face of an anti-coprophila pill, and a by-the-book park ranger whose whole territory is a single square foot of grass and one scrawny tree. It's howling good fun for the dog-lover like myself.

"Boo Bitch" sounds like a new woke feminist cereal mascot with pierced nipples, black lipstick, and a punky 'do,  but it's actually a Netflix limited series about two girls, about to graduate and realizing they've done nothing memorable with their lives so far... so they decide to go on one last booze-fueled hurrah before high school ends. Bad decisions in abundance are made, and a drunken blackout ends with one girl dead, crushed under a roadkill moose... and now Gia has to help her friend Erika come to terms with her loss--of herself--and successfully cross over to the other side. These supernaturally-flavored shows seem to fairly abound on streaming: there's Netflix's own Wednesday, reruns of Ghost Whisperer on CW Seed, CBS' Ghosts, ABC's Not Dead Yet, and Disney's The Ghost and Molly McGee... but this show is just odd enough to stand out, with its comic moments as light and airy as its phantasmic star, who natters on chipperly in made-up Twitter acronyms and schemes to finagle a last kiss from the boy of her dreams before disappearing forever into the ether.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-13 11:21:32 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #117 on: 2023-02-13 10:36:54 »

Glad you found some stuff you like.  As with any service, there will be some things people like.

But I think it's safe to say, that Streaming isn't actually saving people money from cable.  Most people own at least four streaming services to try and equal just half of what they used to have with a single basic cable setup.  And what's funnier, is they are spending more than cable, even though they originally left cable because they thought it cost too much money.

So the companies still got their money, more then they originally did. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #118 on: 2023-02-13 22:13:41 »

The Witcher, on Netflix is going on a downward spiral as the new director is some woke lady who doesn't care about the Witcher lore.  This led to the main star, Henry Cavill, to announce he will quit at the end of the third season.  Following Cavill's departure at the end of Season 3, the role of Geralt of Rivia will be played by Liam Hemsworth. An actual reason for the recasting has not been revealed by Cavill or showrunner Lauren Hissrich, but the actor has frequently expressed frustration with the show's lack of faithfulness to the source material.

Writer Lauren Hissrich has taken the show in complete the wrong direction and reviews of the show have shown it.  It has collapsed.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: 2023-03-07 14:34:35 »

Mel Brooks' History of the World, part II drops on Hulu--an event over fourdecades in the making.  It's on my watchlist right after the daffy "documentary" Cunk on Earth and that Korean zombie show I've been following.

I'm also checking out Community by Dan Harmon, the other half of the Rick and Morty creative team. Asking this guy to keep Justin Roiland in line is a task akin to the  blind leading the blind, don't you think...? 
« Last Edit: 2023-03-07 14:36:35 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Streaming Services Show Discussions « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024