PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Ghostbusters! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ghostbusters!  (Read 18802 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2016-03-08 22:31:03 »

I probably won't watch it, but mostly because I haven't seen the original soo....

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2016-03-08 23:19:09 »

Interest level = 0%! 
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2016-03-09 08:54:34 »

I'm not gonna lie, this at first I thought was a joke, but it's real alright. I may see this movie, just because of the legacy of Ghostbusters. It may ruin my childhood XD, but I'll probably just wait until redbox or something.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2016-03-14 01:37:19 »

A lot of the humor in this movie feels forced, or just repeated; like the director and the comedians are leaning on jokes that have been abused to death, to be honest.

An Exorcist joke? Like, who hasn't already seen it in Scary Movie 2 or the movie Re-Possessed or any comedic horror movie ever, lol. The original Ghostbusters movie felt.... I dunno, intellectual? Like you can still learn something out of it even if it is fiction and get a good laugh.

Focus groups might stink, but they really should've ran a test run then unleash it so soon like that, lol.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

HulkbowSMASH

PSF Tourist

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2016-05-23 18:17:57 »

I wasn't a major fan of the original.  It was ok, it had some fun bits, it just didn't grab me in any way to make me fanatical over it, so I'm not going to have a major beef over a reboot/sequel/whatever this is not being 100% true to the original.  And having said that, this one looks lame enough that I probably won't waste my time watching it.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2016-05-24 21:06:28 »

I can't even think of the last movie I saw at a movie theater.  I just wait till they come out on DVD.
Or at kisscartoon, if it's animated, or a certain percent CGI (like all the Chipmunks movies).

Why do I get the feeling this film will be basically the Slimer! of the Ghostbusters canon?

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2016-05-25 08:57:49 »

I am still having no faith in this new Ghostbusters film.  Like, I have NO faith in it.  I'm not even interested. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2016-05-25 10:49:26 »

OK I changed my mind. The new trailer showed me what they're doing to Stay Puft and I was all, "Nope"

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2016-05-25 10:53:50 »

Just watched the newest trailer... it still looks pretty stupid in my opinion.  Ruining an 80s classic. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2016-05-25 11:20:23 »

I don't like when people say that.
Like, is your enjoyment of the 80's movie really going to be affected by a movie that you're not even going to go see? If so, then I suppose you really didn't enjoy it that much, right?

I mean, to me, if seems they're doing GB in modern days, so they're not like, redoing it.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2016-05-25 11:40:10 »

Kind of on topic. Do you know the show Mike and Molly?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2016-05-25 13:21:04 »

I don't like when people say that.
Like, is your enjoyment of the 80's movie really going to be affected by a movie that you're not even going to go see? If so, then I suppose you really didn't enjoy it that much, right?

I mean, to me, if seems they're doing GB in modern days, so they're not like, redoing it.

I'm sorry! I was going to edit it, but decided not to thinking no one would respond. 

It isn't going to ruin the 80's classic.  Not even in the slightest.  It's just a shame when a good film of any kind has a poor sequel slightly tainting the "brand" or the "name" of the series. 

But this new film is all on it's own in my mind, and who knows, maybe it will be good.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2016-05-25 14:11:10 »

Haha, you don't have to be sorry! Man, you people are too nice XD

Ah alright, that makes more sense. It does kinda suck when a sequel is like the bad apple in the bushel. It just doesn't look good for the whole of the brand or name. While it doesn't make the previous bad, it just puts off other people who haven't seen the rest. I guess haha.

I always say that, it could be good, you never know. I feel though, say it is absolutely amazing, some people are still going to hate it because they set out to hate it. They don't want it to be good, they want to only love the original. Even though it's okay to like both things. Now this is on the off chance it's a good movie XP

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2016-05-25 14:33:51 »

You need to go in with and open mind, a blank slate.

An example is... you can't grade "Avatar: the Last Airbender" cartoon series, based on how the movie, "The Last Airbender" was.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2016-05-25 14:35:24 »

I'm just gonna wait until it becomes available to download or on netflix. If other people like it and want to spend their money to go see it, great. I hope you have fun. But I do not wish to see that movie in theaters.

~~~~~~~~
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Ghostbusters! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024