PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Alpha Betas Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alpha Betas Discussion  (Read 1114 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2021-03-13 16:00:22 »

A new online cartoon pilot trying to get picked up by someone.  It is a full 24 minute length episode, the proper length for television. Here is the info they provide.

In AlphaBetas​​​​, video games are powering the world thanks to a massive, top-secret CIA program. The show follows an elite virtual strike force of four top gamers as they drop into the virtual realms of video games to fix potentially world-ending issues. Known as the Alpha Team, these four willfully reckless and dangerously arrogant guys are the tip of a five-hundred billion dollar US Government spear sent to be heroes in high-octane pixelated worlds.

Language, violence, and gore warning.

« Last Edit: 2021-03-13 16:02:51 by Wolfwood » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2021-03-13 16:04:45 »

Article On The Show

In the tradition of groundbreaking science fiction, the upcoming YouTube show Alpha Betas poses a challenging, otherworldly question: what if gamers actually contributed to society even a little bit?

Animated by Starburns Industries and starring popular YouTubers from the Vanoss crew, the show exists in a universe in which video games secretly power the world. Fans were fascinated by the concept of YouTubers exploring high-octane video game environments, utilizing fun gadgets, and most shockingly, making their parents proud.

Popular Twitch.tv streamer Emily Lentz commented on what this inventive story means for the gaming community.

“When I heard about the premise, my mind was like, totally blown. Gamers getting out there and having a positive impact on the world? This is one of those insane ideas that on paper seems infeasible, even paradoxical,” Lentz said. “It took me a while to wrap my head around, but after I watched the trailer a dozen times or so, I started to understand it. A little.”

By pushing the envelope of what’s possible in fiction, Alpha Betas sent shockwaves through online communities, all of them remarkably nonessential to the world.

“All of us real YouTubers were caught totally off guard,” Lentz said. “Someone working on this show threw out the whole playbook on gaming. The idea that the power grid runs on video games? Sure. But we’re on the edges of our seats, waiting to see how someone who games for a living could do one single positive thing for the world.”

Alpha Betas hopes to challenge preconceived notions about how gamers function, creating a dialogue by using a fantastical, “what-if?” scenario of YouTubers not only playing games for money, but using that skill to become a productive member of their community.

“Gamers can barely save themselves, let alone the entire world,” Lentz said. “I can’t wait to see what Alpha Betas will do next after starting off with such a high concept. Who knows? Maybe one of the characters will actually get health insurance from their job, maybe a family member will tell them they understand their career choices, anything is possible!”
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-03-14 14:50:37 »

Very bland character design and one of those main dudes looks like a Younger Homer Simpson.  Lol.  I mean it wasn't bad, better than some of the garbage passed on tv.  But I don't really think the extra gore and swearing was necessary.  They'd have a bigger audience not having that.  Some parts were decently funny, but I cringed more then I laughed.  Lots of senseless violence.  For a pilot episode, they built up the setting and characters well.  The main characters are just bros, all fairly similar.

I cringed at the two male sneezes in it. 

I'd give this a passing grade of 6/10 on a good day.

Big accomplishment the level of quality they made this.  Great voicing, decent music, good enough animation.  No rough patches I noticed.  They should be proud of this effort.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-03-15 21:56:29 »

A big accomplishment to them, but I couldn't get too attached to it.  Not a fan of the "shock" humor that everyone seems to use in upstarts. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Alpha Betas Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024