PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies In General 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies In General  (Read 52399 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #75 on: 2016-09-05 19:47:55 »

Yeah,  like I've said before. It's fine to love bad movies, but liking them doesn't make them good. And disliking a good movie doesn't make it bad. A lot of people seemed to enjoy it but it wasn't the best structured.

As for what Blurr said, I would say the quality was a step back, but I don't think it necessarily has to do with Pixar finally doing humans and then not. I've always seen Pixar better suited to non human characters.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2016-09-05 19:52:20 »

Pixar is more non-human oriented in my mind.  Hence why Brave didn't take off maybe? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #77 on: 2016-09-05 19:54:55 »

Brave didn't take off? It unjustly won an award when it was pretty crap. Swooping in and snubbing two more well deserving movies of the award. Brave is boring. Characters aren't that deep. Merida is just a less interesting, more imature Belle. Free spirit, we get it.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #78 on: 2016-09-05 19:55:53 »

Inside out was good. Then again the main focus wasn't really on the humans but rather the emotions.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2016-09-05 19:56:35 »

I didn't really like Merida's character design.  I didn't find her pleasing to look at.  Not like "hotness" meter like that, but just her design.  It just didn't seem like a Pixar style.  Same with that film, "The Good Dinosaur."  I haven't seen that one yet, but it doesn't look right with the beautiful realistic backgrounds, and cartoony long neck and other realistic animals. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2016-09-05 19:58:13 »

Inside Out was meh. It wasn't really groundbreaking and Emily or whatever her name was is kind of boring and flat.

I did like the message about needing sadness though. So many people try to avoid it, but it's an important emotion in our life. And we can't just ignore it. We as humans need to feel sadness.

Good Dinosaur is gorgeous. And then stupid at the same time.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-05 19:58:36 by LP » Logged

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2016-09-05 20:00:03 »

I liked, Inside Out.  I thought it was cute, but it was more of a mature film then a kids film.  Zootopia actually was better, so one point for Disney over Inside Out for that year.

Inside Out had a great message. 

You saw GDino?
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #82 on: 2016-09-05 20:04:47 »

I like IO bu at the same time I don't. Neither it or Zootopia feel that great to me now looking back at them. They both feel to have some flaws no one really talks about. And just because it's mature doesn't mean it's a kids movie. Kids movies shouldn't just be sparkles and fun. I think it's good for kids films to have mature themes. It's important for them to see different things like that in media. Like in Bambi. Bringing to kids attention that life is precious, and at any moment someone you love can be taken from you.

I saw it. I loved the consistency of the injuries. I was expecting the scratches and bruises to disappear in the next shot but they were consistent and faded realistically. But I hate how the human is literally a dog. It's stupid. Like he pants like a dog, and is treated like a dog. It's pretty stupid. A human that evolved shouldn't have that good a sense of smell, and for gods sake, give it some canines.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2016-09-05 20:07:10 »

So you liked Good Dino for injuries?  Lol!  You're a funny one, LP.  I want to see it, mainly for the visual eye candy. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2016-09-05 20:16:56 »

Well, no. I just really appreciated how they took the time and effort to be consistent with them.
I liked the visuals, the water. But it seemed like a movie that just didn't know what it wanted to be.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2016-09-05 20:18:41 »

I got that impression just by the previews.  It's like someone really wanted to stick with realism and someone else said we don't need realistic dino's too.  We don't need another Disney's Dinosaur! 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2016-09-05 20:19:45 »

Hue. Not just that but in terms of plot it felt all over the place. Things were never fully developed before the plot moved on to something else. I guess it had heart?

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: 2016-09-05 20:20:24 »

Well I can't wait to see it when i can. :)  Shame, Pixar is starting to falter a bit. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2016-09-05 20:27:08 »

Why do you say that? Sure it was a bad movie. But it has had good ones too.

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: 2017-01-22 20:45:45 »

Did you guys hear that Don Bluth is raising money to pitch to a studio a hand drawn cartoon film of the cult classic game, "Dragon's Lair?" 

Source
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies In General « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024