PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 75877 times)
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #75 on: 2016-12-28 15:13:01 »

There was al to of artistry in so many of those shows and how they were aninmated.  So much more time was put into some of them.  Today shows seem very simplistic in their designs so it is easier to animate, even with the help from a computer.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: 2016-12-28 16:13:21 »

There was al to of artistry in so many of those shows and how they were aninmated.  So much more time was put into some of them.  Today shows seem very simplistic in their designs so it is easier to animate, even with the help from a computer.

To me, most shows nowadays look like they just threw something together and said "Good enough" o.o

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: 2016-12-28 16:17:01 »

That's also my feelings about most cartoons today.

When it comes to cartoons, for the most part, I'm more of an... "old man". ::)

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2016-12-28 17:24:12 »

I would agree with that.  But also the art style and direction has changed.  You can thank or punch Adventure Time for that. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2016-12-28 18:25:46 »

I agree old cartoons are nice, but I'm not a fan of nostalgia freaks who only want to live in the past and go "cgi will never be good REEEEE!" And "old shows were perfect and superior and never flawed!" Like bruh. Chill out.

Cartoons go through phases. There is good and bad. There were bad cartoons in the past. Like, idk, Care Bears and MLP. Pretty trash.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: 2016-12-28 20:41:18 »

I agree old cartoons are nice, but I'm not a fan of nostalgia freaks who only want to live in the past and go "cgi will never be good REEEEE!" And "old shows were perfect and superior and never flawed!" Like bruh. Chill out.

Cartoons go through phases. There is good and bad. There were bad cartoons in the past. Like, idk, Care Bears and MLP. Pretty trash.

I actually liked MLP and Care Bears.
I prefer the first generations of MLP over FiM, don't get me wrong FiM is a nice show, it just lacks things that the old ones had.

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2016-12-28 20:47:31 »

First gen was interesting. The animation was alright. The designs, I'm mixed on. The voice acting, eh. Everything else besides that, GUH! MLP was pretty trash besides 1 and 4, and 4 now is getting shaky, starting to lose its touch. Care Bears I just thought was stupid lol. Always saving dem blonde chicks with blue eyes in their movies XP

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: 2016-12-28 21:03:47 »

First gen was interesting. The animation was alright. The designs, I'm mixed on. The voice acting, eh. Everything else besides that, GUH! MLP was pretty trash besides 1 and 4, and 4 now is getting shaky, starting to lose its touch. Care Bears I just thought was stupid lol. Always saving dem blonde chicks with blue eyes in their movies XP

To each their own.
I like them because the animation was great, I enjoyed the voice actors, the music the colors.
The new one is okay but again, it lacks vital things the older had.
Spirit, passion like you could feel the hard work people put into making a single episode of them.

This is why I decided on drawing 2D as if it was pulled out of that era.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2016-12-28 21:17:15 »

Your saying the new one lacks spirit and passion? Hon please, while not every one of those episodes shows love and passion put in them, a good amount do. To say the whole show lacks spirit and passion I feel is seriously undermining the time and effort the hard workers of the show do. There's a reason many many people love the show. And because hard work and effort was put in it for something that had been trash to be good. It's been on shaky road now, but it's a show that's got 6 seasons. It's boys to happen.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: 2016-12-29 00:29:14 »

See, I am nostalgic for stuff, but I also realize when nostalgia overshadows how bad a show really was.  To me the 80s was the donning of a new era in animation.  A lot of it was done on the cheap and horribly ugly.  A lot of American studios hired out to Japanese studios to do their action shows, and I thought a lot of them were horribly choppy.  It wasn't until the mid to late 80s and into the 90s did animation finally improve again.  A lot of voice acting and scripts back in the day were utterly deplorable.  The lines people read were just that, lines people read.  No emotion.

Today animation it is very fluid for the most part, but the tastes of the public has changed.  The 80s was very mechanical in design, the 90s became cartoony, round, and loopy, and the 00s saw the rise of simplicity, and back to story driven stories. 

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2016-12-29 13:58:41 »

That seems fair.  Nostalgia blurs the lines.  People who loved Captain Planet for example, then go back, and realize how atrocious it really is in terms of writing... Take off the nostalgia glasses.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: 2016-12-29 14:20:20 »

That seems fair.  Nostalgia blurs the lines.  People who loved Captain Planet for example, then go back, and realize how atrocious it really is in terms of writing... Take off the nostalgia glasses.

But I need my glasses to read and see things XD
*Hugs the nostaliga tight* I like my nostalgic moments, then again it makes me feel old too X3

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: 2016-12-29 14:30:37 »

I still love the old Beetlejuice cartoon, even though, like much of the early nineties stuff, some of the animation was pretty cheap and shoddy, and the CGI sequences was downright primitive.  It was made up in Canada, with a lot of Canuck voice talent (Stephen Ouimette, Alyson Court, Tara Strong--nee Charendoff--Tabitha St. Germain).  Still, the writing was energetic and the visuals were imaginative.  I was telling my teenage niece over Christmas that I learned to make that noise  with my armpit from watching Beetlejuice, and she didn't even know what I was talking about.   Humor being subjective and ever-changing, a lot of that stuff you couldn't get away with today.  Antisocial goth girl befriending vile prank-loving 600-year-old dead guy with poor dental hygiene and body odor? Not in this p.c., pro-social age.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2016-12-29 14:40:39 »

Eh. Nostalgia blinds people. It's why people refuse or hate change.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: 2016-12-29 14:45:38 »

Nostaliga is a lovely feeling in my opinion *Listening to retro intros* It's what inspires me to keep going reaching for my goal

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024