PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Tabletop Roleplaying Games! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tabletop Roleplaying Games!  (Read 2235 times)
Zracken3
Learning to walk

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2020-09-28 20:43:46 »

I tried looking and searching on the forum, but I couldn't find any topic dedicated to this. Which I consider to be a tremendous shame! So, I've taken it into my own hands to get the ball rolling.

Who here plays tabletops? Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, whatever! Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, who cares? Let me know where all my fellow Game Masters and players are and share things you think are cool and nifty. Or regale us with stories of your past triumphs (and failures).

Why do I have to sign this?
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2020-09-28 22:17:57 »

Does Candy Land count? ;) 

Being serious here, I've never played any tabletop role playing game. The closest I've ever gotten was the game of Life or Monopoly.  I like to imagine I am a brain surgeon making millions or a real estate tycoon with hotels around the world! :)
« Last Edit: 2020-09-28 22:19:07 by Rainberry » Logged

Zracken3
Learning to walk

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-09-29 09:23:59 »

Board games are great too!  :)

I'm pretty well-versed in Risk, but I don't think it's a very great game, to be honest. I've also played my fair share of Settlers of Catan and many others as well. One game I've only played once at a friend's but would love to try again is Diplomacy. Such drama and backstabbery!  ;D

And I suppose that if you add roleplaying elements like that to Life or Monopoly, they do technically fit the "tabletop", "roleplaying", and "game" criteria, haha!

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-10-03 14:09:40 »

Awww!  I love Risk, Settlers, and Catan!  I played HOURS of Risk with my friends... but they never wanted to play!  But when I could get them to play, it was great.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-03 14:09:47 by Silverwing » Logged
Zracken3
Learning to walk

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2020-10-03 17:19:41 »

I love Risk too! I've played a ton of it, but mostly by myself against computers since I don't have enough people to play it with very often. That said, as a game, it's not too great. It has the issue of the more you win, the easier winning becomes. It means most people can tell who's gonna win about halfway through the game, and then everyone just has to wait their turn to be beaten. Or, worse, people form alliances to punish the person for doing well. It's tough either way.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2020-10-08 13:58:07 »

Is there a good Risk computer game?  (I know this is against this threads purpose, but I legit am asking.  I would love to play).
« Last Edit: 2020-10-08 13:58:30 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Zracken3
Learning to walk

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2020-10-22 23:20:13 »

Is there a good Risk computer game?  (I know this is against this threads purpose, but I legit am asking.  I would love to play).

There's a Risk app that I got on my phone called "Risk: Global Domination." It's pretty good in my opinion, and it comes free. Should be on the App Store and Google Play.

Now back to waiting for more TTRPG nerds to show up. (00)

Seeker of the Way
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2021-04-23 22:40:15 »

TTRPG nerd here, I play a monthly game with a group online; we keep switching systems, it was Monster of the Week, now we're doing FF Star Wars. What's your favorite setting?
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-04-24 12:53:45 »

I'm big on DnD. I'm in 3 different campaigns right now and trying to form one of my own using the Fate system.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Heathen
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2021-05-27 04:56:50 »

This is something I've always wanted to get into, but I don't know enough people who would be interested.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-07-08 23:29:16 »

Figured this might interest some.  This group has been playing their Dungeon's and Dragon's game for 40 years.

« Last Edit: 2022-07-08 23:29:57 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2022-07-09 21:17:03 »

Never played the game in my life, but I think it's neat how they create landscapes and paint.  Good on them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Tabletop Roleplaying Games! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024