PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 347 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 517897 times)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #3225 on: 2022-11-24 12:26:25 »

Just like in 2020, in my eyes ATS is way ahead ;D.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3226 on: 2022-11-24 17:44:14 »

Let me help you fill out that map.

I'm disappointed the map wasn't like this.

j/k

Texas DLC has been an awesome DLC.   [excited]  I voted ATS for the FOURTH year in a row.  ETS2 has fallen behind.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-24 17:44:48 by flemishcap » Logged
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3227 on: 2022-11-24 17:51:49 »

Well, many will say some of the upcoming states are BORING... but I mean... Wyoming was technically a boring state and I absolutely loved it.  The difference now is some of these "boring" states keep getting smaller and smaller.

The popular opinion I keep seeing is combine North and South Dakota as one DLC... but then I say, why?  They releases Wyoming, supposedly the most boring states of all with no issue. ;D

West Balkans info would be appreciated too.  I know the ATS team is way further ahead on their developments, but ETS2 has been pretty much nonexistent for a year minus some little DLCs.  It's map time.  HoR... with Russia pulling back... is that a possibility this Christmas?  (Yes, I am starting a rumor)

I know it will cost us more, but I am fine with single state DLC's until they become too small.  When is too small?  I am not sure, lol.  But soon, the smaller they become, the faster we might get DLC's.  I do think they will start combining some.

We still have some decent sized states, the largest being Michigan which is the 11th largest state followed by Minnesota in 12th. Some nearby states would be Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota which are the 15th, 16th, and 17th largest states behind Idaho and Utah.

Believe it or not, Oklahoma is the 20th largest state in the US.  Florida is smaller than I thought at 22nd.  New York is 27th.

I do believe they will merge states when like Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and maybe West Virginia as one.  Another I could see merge are Pennsylvania and New Jersey or New Jersey and New York.  Lastly I think it makes sense to merge Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Veront together.  The very last one would be Maine as a full state... maybe.  It could be merged with New Hampshire and Vermont too.

What makes the Northeast hard is how small the states are, but how dense they are with many major cities.  I am curious and concerned how SCS will handle this.  They do a good job in Texas where there is plenty of room, but how will they cram New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Newark, Jersey City, and so many others in such a tight area?

Long term, I do think SCS will do Canada and Alaska.  I think once they hit the American east and finish it up, they will start in eastern Canada and move westward, which would allow them to finish with Alaska since by the time they hit British Columbia, they will have roads to Alaska!
« Last Edit: 2022-11-24 17:53:42 by flemishcap » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #3228 on: 2022-11-24 17:52:32 »

I voted ATS for the FOURTH year in a row.  ETS2 has fallen behind.
ETS had a bit stronger positions in 2021 due to a bigger map DLC and completely new DAF.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3229 on: 2022-11-24 17:55:15 »

I voted ATS for the FOURTH year in a row.  ETS2 has fallen behind.
ETS had a bit stronger positions in 2021 due to a bigger map DLC and completely new DAF.

It might be me, but ETS2 just hasn't been as good lately.  The updates and refreshes are great, but the content has been pretty slow to come out.  And honestly, that is fine.  The game has had a great run of success, but it's also a game from 2012. 
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #3230 on: 2022-11-24 18:01:20 »

It might be me, but ETS2 just hasn't been as good lately.  The updates and refreshes are great, but the content has been pretty slow to come out.  And honestly, that is fine.  The game has had a great run of success, but it's also a game from 2012. 
Even if MAN 2020 (the most popular subject for whining in blog posts comments) will be added before Christmas, ETS is very far behind in terms of content. Even the beautiful Austria and ability to properly paint the tank trailer doesn’t help.
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3231 on: 2022-11-24 18:08:34 »

Unfortunately not.  That's just how it is for now.  What really destroyed any semblance of momentum was the fate of HoR. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3232 on: 2022-11-24 18:11:06 »

Well, many will say some of the upcoming states are BORING... but I mean... Wyoming was technically a boring state and I absolutely loved it.  The difference now is some of these "boring" states keep getting smaller and smaller.

The popular opinion I keep seeing is combine North and South Dakota as one DLC... but then I say, why?  They releases Wyoming, supposedly the most boring states of all with no issue. ;D

West Balkans info would be appreciated too.  I know the ATS team is way further ahead on their developments, but ETS2 has been pretty much nonexistent for a year minus some little DLCs.  It's map time.  HoR... with Russia pulling back... is that a possibility this Christmas?  (Yes, I am starting a rumor)

I know it will cost us more, but I am fine with single state DLC's until they become too small.  When is too small?  I am not sure, lol.  But soon, the smaller they become, the faster we might get DLC's.  I do think they will start combining some.

We still have some decent sized states, the largest being Michigan which is the 11th largest state followed by Minnesota in 12th. Some nearby states would be Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota which are the 15th, 16th, and 17th largest states behind Idaho and Utah.

Believe it or not, Oklahoma is the 20th largest state in the US.  Florida is smaller than I thought at 22nd.  New York is 27th.

I do believe they will merge states when like Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and maybe West Virginia as one.  Another I could see merge are Pennsylvania and New Jersey or New Jersey and New York.  Lastly I think it makes sense to merge Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Veront together.  The very last one would be Maine as a full state... maybe.  It could be merged with New Hampshire and Vermont too.

What makes the Northeast hard is how small the states are, but how dense they are with many major cities.  I am curious and concerned how SCS will handle this.  They do a good job in Texas where there is plenty of room, but how will they cram New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Newark, Jersey City, and so many others in such a tight area?

Long term, I do think SCS will do Canada and Alaska.  I think once they hit the American east and finish it up, they will start in eastern Canada and move westward, which would allow them to finish with Alaska since by the time they hit British Columbia, they will have roads to Alaska!

I love all this food for thought.  I do think they will have state bundles and move towards a  "Regional" DLC for some areas, much like you posted.  I could see North and South Carolina together.  Georgia and Florida together, Kentucky and Tennessee together, etc.

And long-range, I could totally see them doing Canada.  I think that is their goal too.  It is 'AMERICAN' truck simulator and not United States Truck Simulator... even if it is heavily promoted to the US for now.  Will Mexico ever appear?  I am not as sure about that one.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3233 on: 2022-11-24 18:11:52 »

Ever since 2020, I have voted ATS each year.  ETS2 has lost it's crown. 
flemishcap

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3234 on: 2022-11-24 18:14:36 »

I love all this food for thought.  I do think they will have state bundles and move towards a  "Regional" DLC for some areas, much like you posted.  I could see North and South Carolina together.  Georgia and Florida together, Kentucky and Tennessee together, etc.

And long-range, I could totally see them doing Canada.  I think that is their goal too.  It is 'AMERICAN' truck simulator and not United States Truck Simulator... even if it is heavily promoted to the US for now.  Will Mexico ever appear?  I am not as sure about that one.

Mexico by some measures is considered North America... by other measures it is called Central America.... I could still see some of the northern states of Mexico make it in.  But I think SCS would more or less not do it by state, more like a region you can drive into. 
Tüsszent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3235 on: 2022-11-24 23:21:34 »

I must say this Texas DLC is pretty incredible.  I finished the World of Trucks event today.  <<<V>>>
« Last Edit: 2022-11-24 23:21:51 by Tüsszent » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #3236 on: 2022-11-25 11:07:32 »

Unlike their streams, the video is in Chezh, but the English subtitles are present.
Just imagine some alternative history where this company is more famous for their hunting simulators, and a short series of driving games is just their secondary project :-\.
I doubt the animal hunting game is a popular concept in current timeline — at least for me, this business definitely doesn’t look attractive.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3237 on: 2022-11-25 13:54:05 »

That is pretty wild.  I didn't know they made hunting games in the past.  Looking at their wikipedia, it seems like they've always had an enjoyment in making trucking related games.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3238 on: 2022-11-25 19:46:55 »

Hunting games are gaining popularity right now as a matter of fact.  The past year.  There are some big games out right now that have very dedicated hunting player fans, but unlike the trucking sim community, the hunting gamers have TWO different games to choose from right now that are both very good in their own right.  They actually have more gaming options, some of which are not as good, but most do excel in something. Hunting gamers really take their immersion to a whole new level, similar to how dedicated trucking sim players... or sim racing players.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3239 on: 2022-11-26 14:32:57 »

I am going to make a prediction.  So we know the Peterbilt Factory in Denton (a suburb of Dallas) will be in the game, as they have said so before.  But it wasn't in the Texas release.  My guess is they will release the Peterbilt factory alongside a new Peterbilt truck, then have a WoT event to go with it.  Thoughts?
Pages: < 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 347 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024